Tigers or War Eagle or Plainsmen

Trizey

Boy BMD, just had enough of the wrong name calling huh? :D

To me it doesn't matter if the Dawgs win or the War Eagle Tigers win....;) As long as whoever it is beats Tennessee!!

BTW, ROLL TIDE ELEPHANTS!! :p

DSGB

Okay. We understand you are the Tigers, and your battle cry is War Eagle. Where did that come from?
The original post was to sum up the origin of the mascot and sayings
I still don't know how the battle cry was originated.
I'm just glad to see the bulldogs play up to their ranking for the first time in two years.
What did Auburn play up to? The Music City Bowl?

BigMassiveDaddy

AUHunter shared the link:

http://www.auburntigers.com/traditions/page.cfm?doc_id=432

It states "where" the battle cry originated, but doesn't explain exactly why. There's no harm in not knowing all the facts. It's been a tradition for 100+ years.

And yes, we did play up to the Music City Bowl. And won. There's no shame in calling a fact a fact. What do you want me to do, start claiming events of yesteryear like a bulldog fan does. If ya'll start claiming 2-0 in the last two years, that's fine. I'll start claiming 51-48-8 in favor of Auburn.

Oh yeah, cannot wait for Nov 13th.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Last edited:

huntindawg

Bmd

Thanks for realizing this is all just for fun. I like to give everyone a hard time, and if we have any Miami fans on here, please explain that whole thing to me.

You said that Auburn didn't live up to there ranking and lost it. Well I don't understand you saying that Georgia hasn't played up to its ranking, cause trust me if we would have lost we wouldn't have been ranked like we had been in the previous two years. The only reason I claimed 2-0 in the past two years is cause you mentioned that we didn't live up to these apparent rankings that were given to us. Just wanted to clear that up.

Next, just wanted to bring to your attention that those stats don't mean crap to me and shouldn't to anybody else. Look at the teams your school has played. Their combined record---a whopping 7-14. Now let's compare Georgia's opponent--a much better 12-7 while playing a Marshall team that almost beat Troy and Ohio State. Also, if you actually think that Auburn's defense is better, I'm sorry, you don't watch college football. You watch YOUR team.

Keep talking...it'll make it that much sweeter.

BigMassiveDaddy

Whatever....

beat a few ranked teams and hold on to the ranking. That's how you prove it. Like I said, UGA is now 2-3 during the last two years when playing ranked teams. What is most baffling is how they remained ranked so high last year. This year, they haven't lost, but still need to prove it by beating nationally ranked programs. I believe Auburn has by beating two top 10 teams. What, UGA has beaten one team that was ranked in the top 15? I didn't realize the significance.

And I don't watch just my team. One thing I think all UGA fans always say after losing is "its college football, anything can happen." And they're right. But when winning, they always laugh at others, picking apart something as arbitrary as strength of schedule, and feel they are not susceptible to the laws of GAMEDAY (anyone can win on any Saturday).

Good luck with our left overs (again) this week.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Last edited:
Speaking of UGA's 2-3 record against ranked teams with two of those losses coming to the eventual National Champs LSU, just how well did Auburn fare against them last year?

BigMassiveDaddy

We lost last year to LSU

We only beat 2 of 6 ranked teams last year and ended up at the bottom of the list. That's 33% compared to UGA's 25% (1 win of 4 ranked teams). Not so good for either of us. I won't deny it.

WAR EAGLE!!!

BigMassiveDaddy

huntingdawg

"Next, just wanted to bring to your attention that those stats don't mean crap to me"???

I don't blame you for not caring about the stats, being a bulldog fan trying to prove your team and all.

And wasn't it a request of yours to back up what was said with stats? Just making sure.

Don't worry about it, the next 7 games will give the bulldogs plenty of chances to prove themselves.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Last edited: