Timberghost Closing Down

goshenmountainman

I don't see how any bow shop stays open these days, as high as bows have gotten in the last five years I bet alot of people are holding on to their bows rather than getting a new one every year. A lot of the big stores, bass pro and Cabelas have really good bows for half what most bows are nowdays.

Buckman18

The internet has changed everything. I would not want to be in the outdoor retail business these days. Itd be awful hard for a startup to compete price wise in my estimation.

Tadder

SAD too here this, We need too support these small shops they do a lot for bow hunters in need right when there needed most. Yep the internet has changed thing but when you need something fixed well, usually these shops help a lot of folks out. I'd rather buy from a local shop and help them stay in business than try and depend on the net. They had a nice place . Small shops can't buy like these bigger stores can. But they give you a lot better customer service for sure.

splatek

UAEC
They helped me fix the crossbow I inherited. Sad to hear, but I agree about the Internet.
I might swing in there see if I can’t pick up a lefty bow on good deal.

brdyhll

Does it say when it’s going to close. I’d like to get by there. Used to go in all the time when Mickey worked on all the bows. They also carried a couple lures I couldn’t find anywhere else.

snooker1

I don't see how any bow shop stays open these days, as high as bows have gotten in the last five years I bet alot of people are holding on to their bows rather than getting a new one every year. A lot of the big stores, bass pro and Cabelas have really good bows for half what most bows are nowdays.

Second that, I was in my local bow shop the other day and I was looking at bows (not to buy) picked one up that was $1199. Nothing on it a stripped bow.

uturn

I hate to see another small business fall!

Still fighting the fight...hope the other side is good to them!!!

splatek

UAEC
Hate to see a small business fail, but with online etc you gotta he a step above. I was only in there twice.

lungbuster123

Shame....haven't been in a few years but Mickey used to work on my bows and do a dang fine job at it! Like said above if I want a new bow I'll wait until next year and buy it online for half the price...nothing about not wanting to support small shops but it's more important for me to support my family before any buisness so it only makes since financially. I will never be one of those guys who drops $1200 a year on a new bow....I'll be surprised if I ever buy another new one again.

J Gilbert

I used to go hang out in there a bunch with Mickey and Brian and Jody myself back several years ago.

In case anyone is looking for a bow guy now, Mickey is still working on them, he’s just down at Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna

Jeff Phillips

Went downhill when Brian and Jody left.

bobocat

I can't say that I'm surprised. I've been in a hand full of times in the last 5 years since moving to Forsyth county and never had anyone ask if I needed help or say Hi. If you're a small business you stay open by customer relationships.