Time for a new dog. Need suggestions

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
We have a fiest, incredibly smart dog. She was my mom’s dog before mom passed. She’ll live out her years here. She has only been a pet but knows what it’s about. Watching squirrels play outside.2FE29724-40F4-4E9B-84BA-86577DE3EBD6.jpeg

TJay

I've had many dogs over the years and there's one breed that I've never owned but wanted to for who knows how long and that's and Airedale terrier. If I could go back in time I'd have one.

Lilly001

A Fiest, or any of the terrier mixes that mimic the “old farm dog” is one heck of an all around house dog.
They can be had in almost any mix to fit almost any situation and they aim to please.
We have two, one a small lap dog for the wife, and the other is a squirrel hunting machine.
Ours are loosely “Rat Terriers” but that breed has only been recognized for a few years so it’s more a type than actual breed.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I think the Boykin won. Told my wife about this conversation and that’s the one she seemed to spark to the most. I probably would have preferred the Blue Heeler or the Boxer a little more but it could be a lot worse. Now I’ve got to find one for a price that won’t break a small time prince.

treemanjohn

Banned
I'm a big German Shepherd guy. Have been for life. Shedding is a problem

Standard Schnauzers should get a good look from you. They dont shed much, sporting and very protective

GeorgiaBob

English Springer Spaniel, field dog not the show dog sub breed.
40 to 60 pounds, giant heart, good endurance, smart, attentive (can be a bit stubborn), loyal, excellent gun dog, can be trained to retrieve with the best, totally loves children, and never stops getting excited just to see you coming.

earlthegoat2

English Springer Spaniel, field dog not the show dog sub breed.
40 to 60 pounds, giant heart, good endurance, smart, attentive (can be a bit stubborn), loyal, excellent gun dog, can be trained to retrieve with the best, totally loves children, and never stops getting excited just to see you coming.

Ive found stubborn dogs to be some of the best. My family dog growing up was a mule stubborn Chessie and my current dog is a puggle of which all are stubborn.

Neither of those dogs fit your criteria though.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ll say first I’m a big dog man . Had a bulldog and hounds nearly all my life . Also most of my family has schnauzers and I’m on my 2nd one in about 20 years . No shedding and you talk about loyal , and a heck of a hunting dog . Absolutely loves a squirrel and deer . Every animal I bring home is instantly hers and she isn’t all about giving it up . I know you said absolutely no Yorkie , but my wife had a fit for one a couple years ago and I said absolutely not . May be the smartest and best little dog I’ve ever had . And she instantly became mine . The only negative about not shedding is they have to be groomed and brushed often but that beats dog hair to me . 0F796A56-E4E6-4157-A47F-C034D4752EA6.jpeg97F4FB8E-A575-461E-8900-E3C62357AE54.jpeg7CB2E86E-7E1A-4F6C-BAB9-89C66B056489.jpeg

Attachments

• A303FA7E-E2A6-4920-A0A4-FC09310F1746.jpeg
    A303FA7E-E2A6-4920-A0A4-FC09310F1746.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 0

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Picking up my girl from the detail shop. :ROFLMAO:C0F762E7-CDE2-43D5-941D-415A817BA3C2.jpeg