Time to call it quits.

bear claw

bearded driveler
I dont know what I would do with myself come fall. My daddy had me in the woods at a very young age. And I'm grateful for that still every year with the turn of the leaf i start to see rubs from sapling size to big tight sized hardwood trees and this feeling inside starts to arise like a kid at Christmas and my mind starts this chess match.
Alot of thing have changed in my life throughout the years but every year when the leaves start to change I feel the same feeling I did stomping the woods when I was a kid. Lets just say the woods is the only place I truly feel alive. The hunt should feed the soul and the body not the ego.

Big7

The Oracle
And Matt, give it some time off. Then come back focused. I can't imagine ever losing the drive, but I'm sure it happens.

It does happen. I never bow hunted. Right strong arm, left eye dominant or I probably would have.

I'm just tired of hunting and killing deer. My sentiments often change. I didn't even break out the long range stuff this past year.

Bought a spank brand new Marlin in 30-30 late in the season. Only "kinda" hunted with it one time. I do hope my drive to hunt, especially deer hunt returns.

I don't think (and hope) my fishing drive will ever go. I'd said the same about hunting two short years ago.

Bow Only, I hope you get your mojo back. Those are some SERIOUSLY great trophy mounts you have !!!? Me feels your pain. It sucks.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I guess if you are just a bow hunter, and not a full fledged outdoorsman, then quit and take up something else. But here's my take.... I pride myself on being proficient at anything outdoors. And I also enjoy training dogs to be proficient at what they were bred to do outdoors. So if I get a little bored on the deer side, turkeys is right around the corner. Ducks in the winter with a retriever by my side. Squirrel dogs to tree squirrels too. Fishing when nothing else is in season. Broaden your horizons...... Or join a bowling league