Time to make your voice heard!

35 Whelen

Public Meetings & Hearings
Hunting
Hunters and other interested persons are encouraged to attend any of eight upcoming public meetings regarding the development of proposed hunting regulations for the 2019–2020 and 2020–2021 hunting seasons. These meetings, sponsored by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division, are one opportunity for the public to provide input for consideration in the development of proposed hunting regulations.
January 7, 2019, 7 p.m.
Gainesville Civic Center, Chattahoochee Room
830 Green Street NE
Gainesville, GA 30501
Armuchee High School
4203 Martha Berry Highway NW
Rome, GA 30165
January 10, 2019 7 p.m.
Southern Regional Technical College, 253-B Auditorium
15689 US-19
Thomasville, GA 31792
Coffee County Courthouse
101 Peterson Avenue
Douglas, GA 31533
Sweetwater Creek State Park, Group Shelter
1750 Mount Vernon Road
Lithia Springs, GA 30122
January 14, 2019 7 p.m.
GA Tech Savannah
210 Technology Circle
Savannah, GA 31407
January 16, 2019 7 p.m.
Augusta Tech, Thomson Campus
388 Tech Drive
Thomson, GA 30824
F.D. Roosevelt State Park, Group Shelter
2970 GA Highway 190
Pine Mountain, GA 31822

fountain

These things are typically full of people and quiet and a mouse when the questions are asked.

It will be focused on deer primarily...the farmers want them all killed and the hunters want the farmers to leave them alone. That will sum it up

I spoke up about thriey season and the limit and some looked like I had slapped them, most didnt care about a turkey

Garnto88

Your right. I think dnr just goes through the motions abd are required to have the hearings. I’m a little aggravated with shortening archery season on WMA lands for specialty hunts and primitive weapons. But I’m sure when I speak up il be the minority and no one would back me up On it. You are right farmers could care less about deer or turkey but ask them to hunt their property and see where that goes!

Covehnter

I'm planning to attend. And will be asking turkey questions- so I'll plan on some weird looks if that's what it takes. I want some answers if some of the much talked about rumors are a being considered.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
You need only look at how much DNR “listened” to small game hunters to see these for what they are.

hrstille

I applaud you guys for making your voices heard. Unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears. The DNR doesn't care what we as hunters have to say. Doesn't take long to figure that out. They will do what's in the best interest of the politicians wallets. The DNR cares more about padding pockets than doing what's best for the wildlife and hunters.

Garnto88

I’d love to go. Closest one to me is still 3 hrs away(pine mountain). I live in middle Georgia. Is there not one in perry? Warner Robins? Macon? Seems that would’ve sensible central location in the state ?