Time to watch your community scrapes - tell us about yours!!!

Kris87

A lot of community scrapes or old mock scrapes I've made tend to get hardened as they get older. Meaning the dirt being uncovered for extended periods of time will smooth out and get hard. One thing I learned from Ted Miller(who I consider to know a lot about whitetails) is to take those old scrapes, dig up the dirt, implant some sand or other loamy soil and make them soft again. It will help tremendously to keep the scent in the soil longer. It has worked well for me.

Jim Boyd

We are getting very few mature buck pics, but it's gonna happen...I hope :bounce:

Sure as autumn follows summer, it will likely happen.

If not at that scrape, then at others.

Deer are, if nothing else, quite predictable in WHAT they do.

What is not as predictable is the WHEN of it....

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
A lot of community scrapes or old mock scrapes I've made tend to get hardened as they get older. Meaning the dirt being uncovered for extended periods of time will smooth out and get hard. One thing I learned from Ted Miller(who I consider to know a lot about whitetails) is to take those old scrapes, dig up the dirt, implant some sand or other loamy soil and make them soft again. It will help tremendously to keep the scent in the soil longer. It has worked well for me.

Same with Ted's horizontal rubs. Good stuff

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Don’t know about community scrapes but I put a camera on one yesterday. I found 8 scrapes, 3 of which surely had activity, one with a few scratches and the rest looked like they were from last year, but somehow the leaves and needles never covered them up.I took photos but the good scrape photos were blurry......
E25F9756-0CEE-4C41-BF57-A9628CC0C0C4.jpeg

Jim Boyd

This little guy did a wheelie before he even got to the licking branch, then walked under the branch and did another wheelie.

Not sure what the first one was about.

2CDEEB0F-6AEE-4195-ADEB-348CE4CDC3C5.jpegC4DA9E6F-16D0-454A-8F7A-9EC1ADDF2EBF.jpegD96B3872-9433-4786-A7F9-EC9888328395.jpeg

lildorris00

Ill post pics later....notice my community scrape was active and looked to have 2-3 scrapes instead of the typical 1 big one....moved my cam from the oak flat to the scrape so Ill post as I get them.

lildorris00

Ill add, I put the camera out at lunch today, and by 3:45, iv had a group of does come by, and at least 3 small bucks....I know that this rain has held them down and they all got on their feet about lunch time but still goes to show what the community scrape can do.

Jim Boyd

Ill add, I put the camera out at lunch today, and by 3:45, iv had a group of does come by, and at least 3 small bucks....I know that this rain has held them down and they all got on their feet about lunch time but still goes to show what the community scrape can do.

Quick action!!!!!

Jim Boyd

Getting bigger bucks now.

Just need them to transition to daylight.

That should happen mid October.

Good luck, all

9562A22C-D9D8-4673-B70E-ABFB63158484.png

Deerhunter12454

First scrape I’ve seen opened up. Licking branch has definitely been chewed last few years. Put a camera on it. Spot sets up perfectly. Thicker ridge top with acorns covering the bottom. Plenty of droppings. Makes sense deer would use the transition line

Attachments

• D304F58A-9FAA-4240-9ADC-AAFC70D2C4CC.jpeg
    D304F58A-9FAA-4240-9ADC-AAFC70D2C4CC.jpeg
    434.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 3678EE36-27DA-476A-916F-10621E130398.jpeg
    3678EE36-27DA-476A-916F-10621E130398.jpeg
    452.6 KB · Views: 7

Jim Boyd

Good luck Lil-D and DH 12455