Tips

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Venison tips marinated and seared medium-rare with mushrooms, onions, and peppers. Baked tater, Hawaiian rolls. Was delicious.

deer-tips.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
One of my favorite meals.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
H22 got some venison tips marinating in the fridge. Will be on the menu next week.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Man does that ever look delicious!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Care to share recipe? Got some meat burning a hole in my freezer
I probably don't make them the same way two times in a row, but basically:

Use fairly tender meat. I usually use the tender parts of the ham that aren't quite big enough to cut into steaks. Chop it up into fairly uniform chunks about an inch square or a little less. Put it in a bowl or ziplock, pour a good, big ol' mondo glug of Worcestershire in there, and some olive oil, or even better, some zesty Italian dressing, then a lil shot of red wine vinegar. Add some granulated garlic, salt, a bunch of black pepper, and anything else you want to. Let them marinate several hours.

Take them out of the marinade, and drain them in a colander, then dry them on paper towels. Get as much of the moisture out as possible. This is key.

Heat your pan up good and hot and stir-fry the peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Take them out, get the pan good and hot again, then shake and stir the meat around in there a minute or two until it's seared on the outside, but still medium-rare inside. Don't overcrowd it, do it in batches if necessary. Then, take the pan off the heat, dump the veggies back in there, stir it all together, and let it sit and simmer together for one cigarette. :)