Tired of social media

Allen Oliver

Been a while since I was on this forum. I fell into the other social media site. I am tired of all the BULL on the site. Guys lets breath new life back into this forum. I know some of us old timers still post on here but not as much as we use to. Honestly I miss it. I have meet some of my best friends on this site. And most of all no Bull !

Last edited by a moderator:

Triple C

Allen - I signed out of FB about 3 years ago and haven't logged back in. I do miss a good bit of stuff going on with folks I care most about but the hassle of wading through all the other "stuff" wasn't worth it to me. Lot of outdoorsmen seem to have moved to that platform. I like this one the best. Mostly like-minded folks posting about stuff I really care about.

Triple C

I'll also add that the guys that hunt in Oglethorpe County are very active in the North GA Hunting Reports section at the bottom of this forum. Get's a little slow in the summer but come September, we'll have guys posting everyday about what's going on in OC. Love that section of the forum.

hambone76

I’ve never gotten on FB and most likely never will for the exact reasons that persuaded you all to part ways with it.
I’ll also strongly agree with you that this is a good place for obtaining and giving info to those in need and to make new friends.

Triple C

Yep. I consider a number in the trad bow section as great keyboard friends. And have had the opportunity to become up close n personal friends with AL33 and dmwolfskin. Those two guys are killing machines. And much more dedicated than me. Mikey will hunt pigs at night in 90 degree temps...and kill em...without snake boots.

Dirty44Dan

Been a while since I was on this forum. I fell into the other social media site. I am tired of all the BULL on the site. Guys lets breath new life back into this forum. I know some of us old timers still post on here but not as much as we use to. Honestly I miss it. I have meet some of my best friends on this site. And most of all no Bull !
I totally agree. I have been disappointed to find that almost all my trad archery friends had gone exclusively to FB for all communication. I never belonged to it, and I strongly urge everyone to return to this forum

strothershwacker

Well let's just talk on trad. I started my trad adventure last season after 27 years of compound hunting. I'm here to tell ya, it has breathed new life into my hunting. I've absolutely loved the learning curve. It's like being a kid again! I've also made some good friends along the way! In a throw away world of what's next, traditional bowhuntin just seems to sooth the restless quest for more bigger better. My only regret is not having a stickbow from the beginning. In the mid 90's it'd been an improvement over the wheelbow I was carrying anyway! I've never been on Facebook. But I check this forum regularly. It's a great source of info by some guys who really know there stuff! I live all the harvest pics from the past and hope to see more this season! My trad goals this year are as follows elk, bear, deer, & hog. Big goals for a guy that's only kilt 1 deer with a stickbow I know, but I hope all the practice and hard work pays off! So YES, keep this forum free of junk, and full of positive stickbow madness!

Triple C

Well let's just talk on trad. I started my trad adventure last season after 27 years of compound hunting. I'm here to tell ya, it has breathed new life into my hunting. I've absolutely loved the learning curve. It's like being a kid again! I've also made some good friends along the way! In a throw away world of what's next, traditional bowhuntin just seems to sooth the restless quest for more bigger better. My only regret is not having a stickbow from the beginning. In the mid 90's it'd been an improvement over the wheelbow I was carrying anyway! I've never been on Facebook. But I check this forum regularly. It's a great source of info by some guys who really know there stuff! I live all the harvest pics from the past and hope to see more this season! My trad goals this year are as follows elk, bear, deer, & hog. Big goals for a guy that's only kilt 1 deer with a stickbow I know, but I hope all the practice and hard work pays off! So YES, keep this forum free of junk, and full of positive stickbow madness!
Well said!

sawtooth

I’ll make it a point to check in more often. I don’t do fb, but all the folks that used to be are are gone for the most part. I really like this forum.

Redbow

Never been on facebook or any of the other buttshot social media out there. I have been on a few other sites and have quit with all of them except the GON. This site by far is the best IMO...I always feel like an outsider though that's just my way of thinking. I don't live in Georgia but I did for a while back in 1966.. A bunch of great guys and gals here I appreciate the effort to keep this site clean with a family type atmosphere...

dm/wolfskin

Yeah It's hot out there right now day or night. These pictures last week. Got soaked twice in one day from sweat. One pig took a broadhead but left the property with it in her. Shot her in her bed. I got on FB years ago because of Little League but now it's way too political. I put this feeder up above one of my pig pipes a week ago to get pigs to come in where I won't have to check it so often. Redid the natural blind where I can sit and wait.

Attachments

• MFDC0042.JPG
    MFDC0042.JPG
    386.2 KB · Views: 12
  • MFDC0040.JPG
    MFDC0040.JPG
    358.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01111.JPG
    DSC01111.JPG
    388.7 KB · Views: 15
  • MFDC0030.JPG
    MFDC0030.JPG