Title Pawn Question. HELP

Big7

The Oracle
So- a new friend is into me for a shade over $500.00 with no collateral.

His daughter is in jail and has a Jeep I wouldn't mind having. They need another $200.00 to het her out.

So- i it legal for me to take it until he pays me bavk in full. It's his daughter's jeep

Jim Baker

Staff member
Only if you can be named the lien holder on the Title before she is released. Otherwise you got bumpkis. Doubtful she even has a clear title.

Big7

The Oracle
I'm just going to decline. To many noodles in the knot.

Thanks for the help folks. Her parents are freaking out because she's only 20 and never been in trouble- much less jail.

I feel sorry for folks sometimes.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I'm just going to decline. To many noodles in the knot.

Thanks for the help folks. Her parents are freaking out because she's only 20 and never been in trouble- much less jail.

I feel sorry for folks sometimes.

I would bet the farm she has been into 'trouble' before, but just not caught at it, or she was bailed out of it pronto. Most parents ignore the events that lead up to being arrested for a crime. They don't think the small infractions amount to anything, and most of the time, they bail the kid out of trouble before the kid experiences any consequence for their actions.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
This situation is where the professional bail bondsmen make their money. Parents or GrandParents will sell their home if needed to get their troubled kid out of jail.

Big7

The Oracle
I would bet the farm she has been into 'trouble' before, but just not caught at it, or she was bailed out of it pronto. Most parents ignore the events that lead up to being arrested for a crime. They don't think the small infractions amount to anything, and most of the time, they bail the kid out of trouble before the kid experiences any consequence for their actions.
My thoughts EXACTLY !!!?

tad1

Just give them the additional 200 and you’ll never see them again, or maybe they will avoid you, but some of the best money you will have spent?

QuailJunkie

Good advice tad. Don’t touch the car. Don’t do a thing with it. You’re asking for trouble there. Just give them the 200 and write it off. More importantly write THEM off

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
If the Jeep is decent she can sign it over to me on an open title(she signs, I don't, open date). Jeep gets locked in my garage.

I'll give you your $500.

I'll give them another $500.

They have 6 months to pay me back $1,500 or I keep the Jeep.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
If the Jeep is decent she can sign it over to me on an open title(she signs, I don't, open date). Jeep gets locked in my garage.

I'll give you your $500.

I'll give them another $500.

They have 6 months to pay me back $1,500 or I keep the Jeep.
How nice of you to help a young girl out of jail.

chase870

Possum Sox
This situation is where the professional bail bondsmen make their money. Parents or GrandParents will sell their home if needed to get their troubled kid out of jail.

We actually make our money when we guarantee a criminal defendants appearance in court to answer the charges they were arrested for and produce them for court. The best part is the Law abiding tax payers in this country don't pay for it