Toccoa River kayak trip

Procraft3

We’re planning on kayaking down the Taccoa River start at Lake Blue Ridge. How’s the current going down it? And any rapids? Thanks in advance.

Geffellz18

Have a friend that has a cabin between the “water retention facility” on the lake and horseshoe bend park. I’ve floated from the retention facility to his cabin. No issues. A couple of deep pockets with calm water. No real rapids to speak of, at least not the portion we floated which was between 2-3 miles, but some swift water right as you start.
Definitely check water levels & discharge schedules though. This can make things completely different. We stayed there once and didn’t float the river due to the facility discharging and the river in front of the cabin looked more like class 2 rapids compared to the minor rocky shoals that it normally is.
Should be a fun time!

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Depends on rainfall, man. I’ve been down it when there was hardly anything to it and I’ve been down it when it was moving pretty dang fast. Be careful and have a great time.

Procraft3

Well we went down the river today. Man it was an experience I really really enjoyed. When we started the water was low and it was like tubing in Helen. We kept getting stuck on rocks. I flipped my kayak trying to get back in it in swift water after they released the water. Starting off a guy flipped his kayak just below the boat ramp. Lost his paddle but we found it after dragging our kayaks back to the ramp. Overall a great trip to me.