Tons of fish on humps yesterday...shallow!

Nothin but Fish

These were yesterday on south end of Lanier. The backs of creeks were trash galore and while there were some fish there nothing like this. Yes they were biting and most were in the 10 lb range. Threw in a couple of coll SI/DI/200kHz 2D pics.:flag:

Attachments

• snp0121151603.jpg
    snp0121151603.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 2,231
  • snp0121151729.jpg
    snp0121151729.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 2,207
  • snp0121151816.jpg
    snp0121151816.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 2,222
  • snp0121151836.jpg
    snp0121151836.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 2,218
  • snp0121151858.jpg
    snp0121151858.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 2,205
  • snp0121155218.jpg
    snp0121155218.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 2,210
  • snp0121155205.jpg
    snp0121155205.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 2,202
  • snp0121152500.jpg
    snp0121152500.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 2,196
  • snp0121154529.jpg
    snp0121154529.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 2,192

spots

Hey Bill,

Thank you for the great pictures and report. Can you give me some setup tips for the Down and side imaging for Humminbird??? I have the 898 with Side and down imaging. Can you help me set it up to clearly see the structure and fish. I mostly fish for bass and I just started using the down scan.

Thanks,
Spots

Nothin but Fish

Assistance...

Hey Bill,

Thank you for the great pictures and report. Can you give me some setup tips for the Down and side imaging for Humminbird??? I have the 898 with Side and down imaging. Can you help me set it up to clearly see the structure and fish. I mostly fish for bass and I just started using the down scan.

Thanks,
Spots

I would be happy to assist and actually have a seminar scheduled for February 28th at Hammonds 12-2. I know David Turner has classes scheduled for Bass Pro on a monthly basis as well. A great resource is YouTube and Humminbird TV as the channel. There are tons of videos on that site. There is no absolute right way to set up a unit as installations, what my eyes see vs yours etc. play into the equation. From a SI/DI stand point I like 800 kHz for most applications when the depth is 50' or less and 455kHz when deeper. This is because of the "view" that the respective frequencies look at. From there I hit menu one time and then down to SI Enhance or DI Enhance. This allows me to adjust contrast, sensitivity, etc. on the fly. I can move my cursor over to an object (like the boat ramp I just launched on) and hit zoom+ and dial in my view. For 2D I like 200kHz, Clear mode and a lot of sensitivity (letting a fish swim back and forth under the ducer on your hook while you play with this is a great way to identify what a certain size fish looks like). We will go into plenty more detail on 28th ath Hammonds but this will get you in the ball game. Hope it helps!

Nothin but Fish

Come on now....

They were biting, but you didn't get any pics of them...

::ke:

My job is to show you what they look like on the Humminbird but being as you :stir: I will share a couple:biggrin3:

I can see you looking up the Geocode now for location:shoot:;)

Attachments

• IMG_4394.JPG
    IMG_4394.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 2,071
  • IMG_4396.JPG
    IMG_4396.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 2,111
  • IMG_4400.JPG
    IMG_4400.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 2,097
  • IMG_4401.JPG
    IMG_4401.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 2,104
  • PART_1421872575522.jpg
    PART_1421872575522.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 2,078
Last edited:

Deer Tic

Bill,
see you have hi-vis? Just respooled my planer board rods with it attached to a clear leader. Wasn't real sure about the u-rig and ended up going clear. I see it really doesn't matter in that clear water? Oh well next time!
Great screen shots btw!

Zebco 33

My job is to show you what they look like on the Humminbird but being as you :stir: I will share a couple:biggrin3:

Now thats funny right there!!!!!

Dang good pile of fish Bill. Im gettin closer to pullin the trigger on that new graph.

StriperrHunterr

No, not at all. You should know me better than that. I just wanna see eye candy with my promos, Bill. If you allude to catching fish, I wanna see some fish.

Nothin but Fish

I hear ya!

No, not at all. You should know me better than that. I just wanna see eye candy with my promos, Bill. If you allude to catching fish, I wanna see some fish.

No worries man! When are you going to take me up on one of the offers to jump in the boat and stretch some string? You need to see this stuff up close and personal. The screen snapshots don't do the view justice. The res that snapshots are saved at are less than the "what you see" view.

Catch em up and take a kid with you (young or old) when you can you won't be sorry!

Tom Blackburn

I have two 10s, Smartstrike, and the AS GPS HS on order. I feel like I am eight years old on Christmas Eve. Can't wait till they get here!

StriperrHunterr

No worries man! When are you going to take me up on one of the offers to jump in the boat and stretch some string? You need to see this stuff up close and personal. The screen snapshots don't do the view justice. The res that snapshots are saved at are less than the "what you see" view.

Catch em up and take a kid with you (young or old) when you can you won't be sorry!

I'm booked up the next two weekends, how do you look after that? I can't get out on the weekdays.

Nothin but Fish

If rigs don't scare them then line color won't....

Bill,
see you have hi-vis? Just respooled my planer board rods with it attached to a clear leader. Wasn't real sure about the u-rig and ended up going clear. I see it really doesn't matter in that clear water? Oh well next time!
Great screen shots btw!

If all that stainless steel and rig son't scare them then I don't think line color matters in the least. Using the Hi Vis stuff sure does help see where the lines are at a glance:cheers:

I like using the 30# on Shimano Takota 600 LC line counter reels. I assign and write a distance back on gunnel by rod holder with dry erase marker and rock on.....;)

AStrick

You struck gold!
Or should I say silver!
Amazing graph shots!
Fo Sho!

Hookum

I dream of my graph lighting up like that. Awesome!!!!