Too Many Eyes

Clipper

There is a grove of Chestnut Oak trees on the hill above my house. I was getting regular trail cam photos there during daylight hours so I decided to hunt there this morning. I had stuck some branches up behind where I would sit and had a hill behind me as well, so I figured I was pretty good for concealment. I also wore my Killsuit. I went in just as it was light enough to see that I wasn't bumping deer that were already there and started getting set up. I yearling came up and saw me before I got set and left. A few minutes later I had a good doe come in but she never got close enough for a shot. About 9:00 I noticed deer out of the corner of my eye and then two does and a yearling came into view. I watched them feed for maybe 10 minutes when one of the large does started coming my way. She got to about 10 yards but I could never get an opportunity to raise my bow because the yearling was between us at 5 yards. I could see the acorn hulls falling from their mouth as they ate the inside of the acorns. Deer are magnificent animals and I enjoyed watching them this morning. I also like to eat them so I found a place to build a blind and hopefully get a shot as they cross the fence out of the clear cut where they bed next to my property. I just don't think hunting on the this food source is going to work unless I climb a tree which I may have to resort to doing if all else fails. Need to get one while these acorns are still falling. Mornings like this is why I hunt.

dm/wolfskin

There is a grove of Chestnut Oak trees on the hill above my house. I was getting regular trail cam photos there during daylight hours so I decided to hunt there this morning. I had stuck some branches up behind where I would sit and had a hill behind me as well, so I figured I was pretty good for concealment. I also wore my Killsuit. I went in just as it was light enough to see that I wasn't bumping deer that were already there and started getting set up. I yearling came up and saw me before I got set and left. A few minutes later I had a good doe come in but she never got close enough for a shot. About 9:00 I noticed deer out of the corner of my eye and then two does and a yearling came into view. I watched them feed for maybe 10 minutes when one of the large does started coming my way. She got to about 10 yards but I could never get an opportunity to raise my bow because the yearling was between us at 5 yards. I could see the acorn hulls falling from their mouth as they ate the inside of the acorns. Deer are magnificent animals and I enjoyed watching them this morning. I also like to eat them so I found a place to build a blind and hopefully get a shot as they cross the fence out of the clear cut where they bed next to my property. I just don't think hunting on the this food source is going to work unless I climb a tree which I may have to resort to doing if all else fails. Need to get one while these acorns are still falling. Mornings like this is why I hunt.
The wind and their nose been killing me on some saw tooth trees. As soon as I leave the lady says they come on down and eat.