Too Windy to Fish

Redman54

Made the trip down to the coast house this weekend hoping to get on some fish. Friday was obviously the day to go after talking with some friends who flat wore them out. Got the boat in Saturday morning to a good 15-25 NE wind that prevented us from fishing where we wanted to go. We ended up going to a deep hole that is well sheltered from the wind to try our hand at throwing the big net for some shrimp. Somewhere along the way my Chartplotter decided to die so I had no depth reading. This particular hole is around 43' at dead low. I knew about where it was, but with no depth finder we were forced to throw blindly. First throw resulted in 2 shrimp. We made small adjustments to our location making throws until we hit the hole. When we found it, we were pulling in on average, around 40 shrimp per cast with most of them being really good ones. I threw until the current picked up and made it nearly impossible for the net to hit bottom. Sunday the wind was even stronger so we waited for low and eased back to the hole. We ended the weekend with 2 whiting and around 25 quarts of shrimp.
Shrimp.jpg5.jpg3.JPG6.jpg2.JPG4.JPG7.jpg

Jimmy Lee Armel

Made the trip down to the coast house this weekend hoping to get on some fish. Friday was obviously the day to go after talking with some friends who flat wore them out. Got the boat in Saturday morning to a good 15-25 NE wind that prevented us from fishing where we wanted to go. We ended up going to a deep hole that is well sheltered from the wind to try our hand at throwing the big net for some shrimp. Somewhere along the way my Chartplotter decided to die so I had no depth reading. This particular hole is around 43' at dead low. I knew about where it was, but with no depth finder we were forced to throw blindly. First throw resulted in 2 shrimp. We made small adjustments to our location making throws until we hit the hole. When we found it, we were pulling in on average, around 40 shrimp per cast with most of them being really good ones. I threw until the current picked up and made it nearly impossible for the net to hit bottom. Sunday the wind was even stronger so we waited for low and eased back to the hole. We ended the weekend with 2 whiting and around 25 quarts of shrimp.
View attachment 994797View attachment 994798View attachment 994800View attachment 994801View attachment 994802View attachment 994803View attachment 994804
That's how ya make lemonade!?????