Took advantage of the situation

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Got an invite to a buddy's place tonight. He set me up on a feeder about 2230 while he headed to another with plans to pick me up at 0100. Was a little concerned about the setup at first, as the feeder was dead down wind. Fortunately, it died down about 2315 and actually shifted 180° to nearly dead in my face.

This was the first time out with the new Pulsar and I was having a great time just scanning the field Watchung the deer and rabbits while on the lookout for pigs or coyotes. By about 0020 I was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen this night, when all the deer stopped and turned towards the feeder on the edge of the field. I swung back around just in time to see him emerge from the tree line. I could tell it was a big, lone boar as soon a I saw him.

He came in straight on and it took about a minute for him to give me the broadside that I like. As soon as he turned, I put the cross hair on his ear and pulled the trigger. A fraction of a second later 62 grains entered his right ear and exited his left at 3000fps, dropping him where he stood.

This was first for my buddy's property and my thermal, and a fine first it was. Guessing about 200-250lbs.

20240204_003659.jpg20240204_003744.jpg.