Took my "first buck of the season" last nite!!??......

MoeBirds

Nailed a pretty good body-sized spike up around Waynesboro. Was doin around fitty and WHAM :hair: !!!
Outa nowhere theirs a deer on my bumper :( !!!

Pulled over and was shocked their was little damage!?
That's a Chevy Z-71 for ya :cool: !!!

Walked out in the woods and there was a spike thrashin about (still in velvet), his hind quarters were crushed and he was havin a fit so I reached down and slit his throat and he expired rather quickly shortly thereafter.

Didn't figure the meat would be to good what with the possibilities of and exploded bladder and the blue-bruising of meat that comes from hitting em so I left him for nature to do its thing.

Anyone eat many deer they've hit before :huh: ???

Lostoutlaw

eatin hit Deer

I have eatin all that i've hit with gun and bow :bounce:
I only get the back straps if not Brusied. :pop: :pop:

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I've ate one road killed deer. A doe got hit out in front of my parent's house when I was 16. She was still alive, but her back leg's were busted up. I'd just got back from deer hunting on opening weekend of gun season. I had a little spike in my truck that I shot and there was a police officer there. He was just looking at the deer. I walked up to him and the deer and he asked me what I thought he should do!!

Told him there was obviously no helping her, so he might as well end her pain. He pulled out this sawed off 12 gauge pump with a pistol grip!! He walked up to her, aimed, and just froze. He finally took the gun off of her and asked me to do it. I walked up to the deer and put a load of buckshot behind her shoulder without hesitating.

The officer stared at me in shock!!! I drug the doe over to my truck, through her in with the spike, and off to the processor I went.

Tommy

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
I tried it once myself. When I cleaned the Deer, I just about got sick. I will never forget that smell. No more road kills for me!!!!!

Harvester

Free Tag

I've done it a couple times years ago. You're gonna throw at least half the meat away due to bruising.

Latest posts