Top Golf for non-golfers

Unicoidawg

Staff member
I HATE golf and we had a blast at my buddies bachelor party at the one Alpharetta. Good food and drinks and hotties all over the place.

Artfuldodger

We are getting one in Augusta but it's not the full meal deal so to speak. You would thing since Augusta is a golfing town, the new Top Golf would be like the rest of them. I'm not sure what it will be missing though.
Here is a pretty good review of the one in Orlando;

oldguy

A few suggestions for making golf more interesting:
1. Make it a contact sport
2. No golf carts or bag carts or caddies allowed.
3. Race from one spot to the next.
4. Tackling allowed during the race - horse collars, body blocks, no-holds barred!
5. MMA style fighting to see who hits first
6. Score determined by who has the most blood on them. Whose little checkered pants and pastel shirt is now fit only for the rag bag.
7. Additionally the course could be laid out as a cross-fit course - tire flipping, bar exercises, rope climb, lots of push-ups, bends and thrusts (burpees), squats and lunges. Then when you tell your wife and everybody what great exercise golf is you won't be lying. Good for the body, mind, and spirit!

oldguy

8/Could add a fishing score, stop at those pretty ponds and catch fish - biggest fish wins #s 4&5 above apply.
9.For the "pros" could add an infiltration course with barbed wire and machine guns.
10. Survivors get to try to cross the line of fire of long distance shooters.

sinclair1

I have a co worker who won the night by shanking every ball into the first bin. It’s great someone who can’t play can compete on a corporate outting

ryanh487

A few suggestions for making golf more interesting:
1. Make it a contact sport
2. No golf carts or bag carts or caddies allowed.
3. Race from one spot to the next.
4. Tackling allowed during the race - horse collars, body blocks, no-holds barred!
5. MMA style fighting to see who hits first
6. Score determined by who has the most blood on them. Whose little checkered pants and pastel shirt is now fit only for the rag bag.
7. Additionally the course could be laid out as a cross-fit course - tire flipping, bar exercises, rope climb, lots of push-ups, bends and thrusts (burpees), squats and lunges. Then when you tell your wife and everybody what great exercise golf is you won't be lying. Good for the body, mind, and spirit!

I'm guessing you aren't familiar with topgolf.

It's just a big drinking patio mixed with a driving range. You hit the ball into various pits depeding on the game you've selected in the computer. Could be highest score in 18 balls, or could have a target everyone is required to hit in the round that changes with each round as you advance. No walking, no golf carts, no caddies. Just a table, a waitress, and a rack of golf clubs by a plastic green with a computer monitor tracking your shot stats and everyone's scores.

It's kind of like golf mixed with bowling.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Lots a goot info above.
Only thing I'll add is if you have enough money the girl with the beer cart will stay with your group.

sinclair1

Lots a goot info above.
Only thing I'll add is if you have enough money the girl with the beer cart will stay with your group.
You have your own waiter or waitress. Not to mention a giant bar just inside the glass doors.

notnksnemor

You have your own waiter or waitress. Not to mention a giant bar just inside the glass doors.

If you really have enough money the girl in the beer cart will follow your group topless when on holes not visible from the clubhouse or roads.

Deerhead

IMO Go and you will have fun! Like everyone has already said non golfers do well. The food and drink is good. If you can go with friends. My wife who has never golfed had a blast! You will have Lots of fun!

sinclair1

We like the top floor too. 30ft in the air before you even hit the ball. Makes for some long drives :cheers:

Last edited:

oldguy

I'm guessing you aren't familiar with topgolf.

It's just a big drinking patio mixed with a driving range. You hit the ball into various pits depeding on the game you've selected in the computer. Could be highest score in 18 balls, or could have a target everyone is required to hit in the round that changes with each round as you advance. No walking, no golf carts, no caddies. Just a table, a waitress, and a rack of golf clubs by a plastic green with a computer monitor tracking your shot stats and everyone's scores.

It's kind of like golf mixed with bowling.
Those suggestions are for real golf, like they take up WAY too much time on tee vee with. Not pretend. But it sounds like what you're talking about may replace the real thing. Who wants to be on a golf course in South GA in the summer - hot, gnats, humidity, etc. 'Course there's always the creek!
Actually I'm a BIG fan of golf.
Keeps folks out of the woods and off the water!

sinclair1

Keeps folks out of the woods and off the water![/QUOTE]
Real golf is for daytime. Top golf is for the evening. I live on a golf course and don't play. It's like trying to go fishing on Lanier at noon on Memorial Day, but that's every day playing regular golf.

oldguy

Real golf is for daytime. Top golf is for the evening. I live on a golf course and don't play. It's like trying to go fishing on Lanier at noon on Memorial Day, but that's every day playing regular golf.[/QUOTE]
Got a question for you (EXPERT advice)
Why do folks on riding mowers pick up pine cones?
And why do folks bag and throw away grass clippings?
I just have a push mower with a mulching blade - run over pine cones blim,blam,boom nothing left. Keep the grass cut short- again mulching blade doesn't leave behind noticeable residue( also recycling nutrients). Just curious. Figured you'd be the one to ask. Thanks.

notnksnemor

You really need to embrace the new golf, make it a challenge.
Anybody can hit a ball off of really short grass.
Play to the sides in the taller grass, that's where the challenge is.

oldguy

Real golf is for daytime. Top golf is for the evening. I live on a golf course and don't play. It's like trying to go fishing on Lanier at noon on Memorial Day, but that's every day playing regular golf.[/QUOTE]
BY jove you got it! You're a genius! Way to think outside the box!
What? Nightime (evening as you say). Add #11 courtesey of Sinclair: Play (real golf) at night. No lights. Glow in the dark golf balls. Bet somebody could invent tracers as well! Man what a game!! Now we're getting somewhere.
Thanks again!