Top quality brands of tools

transfixer

Of interest;

I bought the craftsman backpack blower at lowes. The fuel cap was defective. Craftsman customer service said it’s not theirs call husqvarna. Husqvarna said here’s the repair places around you. Repair place said bring here we should have a cap or call the same Craftsman number for help.
So the model number is from husqvarna, has no serial number, craftsman won’t deal with it and husqvarna refers you to a warranty repair center that you have to carry it to.
I returned it and bought a husqvarna

Note to self ,,, don't buy ANYTHING with Craftsman's name on it ! Craftsman today is nothing like it used to be 40 yrs ago, I'd rather buy Walmart branded items before I'd buy Craftsman,,, and I despise Walmart !

transfixer

If you look at SK tools website they appear to be out of EVERYTHING with the exception of some tools that are only used in very narrow applications.
Anyone know what the deal is? Maybe they’re not selling online in order to keep their dealers stocked?

I've not seen SK tools anywhere in quite a while, they used to sell them at Napa stores, my dad had some SK stuff many years ago, was pretty good stuff !

If you're looking for something of similar quality to what SK was check out Tekton tools on Amazon, I've bought a set of their combination wrenches for my toolbox at home, and I'm actually impressed with them, also bought some of their screwdrivers,, good quality !

as most of you know I'm a professional tech, majority of my tools at work are Snap-on, Mac, or Matco, but all of those companies now are selling tools with their brand on them that are obviously made overseas ! at their same inflated prices ! I no longer buy from the tool trucks unless its a specialty tool I can't get anywhere else ,,, I'm using Ryobi battery drill and impacts at work, daily,, and none of my Ryobi stuff has died as of yet,, while other guys at work are constantly cussing their high priced Snap on battery powered stuff, quality of all the major tool suppliers has deteriorated drastically in recent years

Concrete Pete

For my money I like Klein tools. They make more than just wire cutters.

I also think where you buy the tools is important. I’ll pay a little more to stay out of Lowes and Home Depot if I can. I absolutely hate going into either one.