Tornado in Talbot County....

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
My info from TV coverage was it ran from around Ypsilanti then across the river into southern Upson County around logtown Road...
They said it was a large, destructive, confirmed tornado about 2 miles wide...
This path is only a couple miles north of my hunting property and there was a second spin up a couple of miles south from it... Can't get down there soon, hope all is well...

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Think I heard just north of Talbotton and Pobiddy mentioned.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
A lot of rough weather! They're mentioning Fl panhandle now (no tornadoes yet). Pretty sure this will all go above us, but concerned about my MIL. She's further N of us & appears to be in projected path.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
New tornado warnings for Ga & Fl (De Funiak Springs)

Gator89

WSB broadcasting from there now, looks pretty dang rough.

Prayers for the residents affected.

thumper523

I was at our club just west of Geneva this past Saturday and saw numerous trees down from earlier this year. I got to go to Alexander City, AL tomorrow and hope to get over there late in the evening and check out our camp and such. I'll let y'all know what I find. I just hope I can get there on Hwy 280 from Opelika.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
My info from TV coverage was it ran from around Ypsilanti then across the river into southern Upson County around logtown Road...
They said it was a large, destructive, confirmed tornado about 2 miles wide...
This path is only a couple miles north of my hunting property and there was a second spin up a couple of miles south from it... Can't get down there soon, hope all is well...

We are just off Pleasant Grove near Yatesville. I too am worried about what we will find.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Anyone have any info as to where it went thru? Hope all is good down there.
It crossed 41 north of town around the Apts on both sides of 41.Then went east on Hwy 80 toward po biddy rd.

greg j

Sounds like it missed where we hunt. Prayers for all who got hit by it. Saw on TV
where the apartment building was wiped out. Glad no one was killed.
Alabama not so lucky.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
We drove home from PCB today. We crossed the path of the storm that destroyed the fire station a few miles north of Eufaula on 431.
We crossed the path of the other one on I-185 a short distance north of Columbus. A path of destruction about 100 - 150 yards wide at each place.
It seemed odd that a few hundred yards on each side of the path there wasn’t visible damage.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Here is a couple maps of the paths they took, I guess there were 2 different tornadoes that went through. One went north of our lease by 3-4 miles.

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 67
  • pic 2.jpg.png
    pic 2.jpg.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 72

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Here is a couple maps of the paths they took, I guess there were 2 different tornadoes that went through. One went north of our lease by 3-4 miles.
thanks South Paw. I couldn't find the path anywhere. I know some people that it crossed their land.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Donations of non perishable food items are being collected at the Talbot State bank in Woodland Ga for the victims and first responders from the tornado.

Last edited:

big lazer

Any hunters in pobiddy area missing the metal off their stuff is in my yard. Schrapnal rained down on me.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Any hunters in pobiddy area missing the metal off their stuff is in my yard. Schrapnal rained down on me.
I was hoping you didn,t have any damage. I thought it was close to you.

Jedwards

Our property is just below Logtown rd. One of our members went to our property today and said we were lucky and had no damage.

Prayers for all that was in the paths of this destruction.

Latest posts