Toyota Tundra Vs Ford F-150 Vs Chev Z-71 and oh Yeah Ram.

dank1296

Ive had all four at one time or another over last 30 years. Currently have a 2015 Tundra 4x4 Offroad double cab. Have to say the Toyota is hands down the best Truck. Next would be the 96 Z-71 i had. Any arguments out there while were on lock down.

Attachments

• IMG_3447.JPG
    IMG_3447.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 38

Geffellz18

Your order in the Title is the order I would rank them, solely based on preference alone. Possibly add in the Titan into the #2 or #3 spot.
Tundra’s my dream truck, but since I’m a cash only purchaser, not sure that dream will ever manifest into a reality.
Almost pulled the trigger about 4 years ago and simply couldn’t do it. That’s a lot of cash to delve out in one big chunk!
Beautiful Trucks though. Best out there in appearance, dependability etc. IMO.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I love my F150’s... drive a super crew and it’s a beast. Pulls everything I ask her too. All of my F150’s have.

My favorite by far is my ol Bronco. I had a 96, last year they made them. It was a tank and would go thru anything. She climbed mountains and would push snow across Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and Utah. I got rid of her when I came back to GA and she had 300,000 miles.

At the end of the day, I need a 4x4 with a V8.... nothing else compares.

Keep them foreign trucks to yourself.

paulito

Like i told the owner here at work. I'll drive whatever truck you want to give me to drive as long as i don't have to pay for it. Have been in a F-150 for nearly 10 years now so i am biased to them just out of familiarity. Although i absolutely HATE the auto on/off crap on my current 2018.

The owner has a 2018 Tundra. Seems like a good truck. I don't like the look of it personally. Same goes for the new chevy/GMC trucks. I really liked my 96 Z71 that i got way back in the day.

Buford_Dawg

Ford or Chevy (tie) --> Tundra --> Ram. Everyone has their opinion. Owned many F150s and Chevy 1500s and both provided excellent service. Doubt I will every buy a different truck than those 2.

Big7

The Oracle
I bought a brand new Ram1500 in model year 1998.

I had it twenty years without problems.
Messed up the transmission when it was new because I was towing a bass boat and didn't know any better than to take it out of overdrive while towing. That was MY FAULT, not the truck's.

Long story. It was still going strong when I went in the hospital. Had it parked at my Uncle's and squirrels ate through the fuel line. My Uncle was going to move it to cut the grass. It caught fire. Soon as he got out good, it blew up. Literally. Glad he wasn't hurt or killed. I was still in a coma when all this happened.

If I were to buy another new truck, it WOULD be a Ram.?

GoldDot40

I bought a brand new Ram1500 in model year 1998.

I had it twenty years without problems.
Messed up the transmission when it was new because I was towing a bass boat and didn't know any better than to take it out of overdrive while towing. That was MY FAULT, not the truck's.

Long story. It was still going strong when I went in the hospital. Had it parked at my Uncle's and squirrels ate through the fuel line. My Uncle was going to move it to cut the grass. It caught fire. Soon as he got out good, it blew up. Literally. Glad he wasn't hurt or killed. I was still in a coma when all this happened.

If I were to buy another new truck, it WOULD be a Ram.?
The Ram you bought today likely wouldn't give you the same reliability that the 98 model did. Same goes for Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Nissan, etc etc.

Big7

The Oracle
The Ram you bought today likely wouldn't give you the same reliability that the 98 model did. Same goes for Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Nissan, etc etc.
I don't disagree with that.

Eudora

My 2007 Silverado Classic with the 4.8 has been VERY reliable. 276K on it and minimal issues. Burns no oil, but need to replace that pesky O-ring on the oil pick-up tube that becomes an issue with these. Can't say the same for my son's 2009 Silverado though. Had to replace the tranny and now a compressor is needed.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Reliability issues,

I replaced my truck in Dec. Ford sales guy ask me why i wasnt buying another ford. I told him ford didnt earn my repeat business. Started having all kinds of problems right after it passed 100k. Starting with a cracked headers / coil packs. Yeah i added on a full tune up. But dropping 2k on a 11 year old truck with 109K did not set well.

Only time will tell but i love my 2019 ram.

marlin

I would have to add the Titan as well. I'm on my third one. First was an 04 drove it a year. Traded for an 05 four door and drove it 14 years and put 265000 miles on it. Had to replace two wheel bearings and general maintenance like oil changes and brakes. Motor didn't use any oil and no leaks. Bought a 2018 last year to replace the 05.

H2O MAN

My 2002 4.7L Tundra has been flawless since I purchased it in '03, it's my ultra reliable work truck. I purchased a used 2007 5.7L Tundra almost 3 years ago when it had 270,000, it's my cheap knock around sports truck that now has 293,000 miles on it.

transfixer

I used to be strictly a Ford guy, but haven't cared for any truck they've made since 99, never owned a full size Toyota, have had a small one, good truck for its purpose, Working in a shop I have a different viewpoint than most, to me the most dependable, longest lasting drivetrain trucks are the 2000-2006 GM trucks with the LS series motors, GM screwed up the engines and the transmissions starting in 2007, and I used to be a Ford 7.3 turbo diesel guy, haven't like any diesel Ford has put out since those.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Weeeelllllllll I am a little biased. Been with working for Chevy/GM for more than 30 years. Do I guess you couldnt give me another brand.

c6pjBgnHqmTzPnebOs4J-1cqGxRSVC8kYQKn97QQ7_BnwFeuCT4sWCKtx51vPJ98MHgIg4WagooboM97nK0RyqhymEZ4A72uzCuiy72hkDFtcM6aUF2V8ZGvpAq5Z764RRqpi3PGvzWu9PhM93xhR5KmvZYMPFJTS4fonhA0bAavuJqPU35qO8yRMamiDIcTSTA8FZUQhrVEHD3dwsthI2e0JN9MxQPRgtrkvuZtpOVnKZbYhVEP52lU2C9kDHUjgsX-t0dRJE35HZiyIyu56w9mqfcEu3EesDSZFD4MgDbiIzcTRPJnCuf-BpyGOCSHaeOTmupfUqLZa6d5v22vlHmApUG9j7-LWkwP9-oevwzBCm0BSIbWa1P23R-EMDBCCeICFlJWWpZbjm38zyW7aEerTx2JflxciPhKNLiVY2_UYwsJj08Z2eHBERsZb0877Fwvs5S6zOGQ1EISD38yF-ucxypf81URPZRoP6HcqIvwQl27hJHPnkmvQxcSIrO8PUa2lmJjeUk1nsB0k-mUDfIURYxW0sLDOtZdH3lFIDHqiFGTXvEupH7ysUNVIFmTRKdElSsDFWauWWyAckul9f6Ueir5Hh7OMOZEkn7Mxp3jND3DD18eRDKJW9cibwieXqsh_pwGSra8jzfJpN4MP9BdnmtLPVpm0g0uMsEOwU-3fN8T_v1MSB5DOWt-oQ=w1920-h934-no