Toyota Tundra Vs Ford F-150 Vs Chev Z-71 and oh Yeah Ram.

GoldDot40

That's a good looking truck. Hopefully it runs every bit as good as it looks.

stonecreek

1996 Z-71. Been a good one for 24 years and don't see at my age me replacing it. Still turning heads when I take it to town and it aint scared to go anywhere in the back country. I cant begin to count how many deer and hogs have rode on its tailgate or the miles on it from hauling dogs. mytruck.jpg

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
My grandfather always said,
“Toyota: Brought to you by the people who brought you Pearl Harbor”.

Me, I drive a F150.

Doghunter11

I know it’s not in the title of the thread but how do y’all feel about the Nisan titans? I’ve always liked Chevy and Toyota but dang the price on them has gotten ridiculous. Looks like you can get a lot better deal on a slightly used Nissan I just don’t know much about them.

transfixer

I know it’s not in the title of the thread but how do y’all feel about the Nisan titans? I’ve always liked Chevy and Toyota but dang the price on them has gotten ridiculous. Looks like you can get a lot better deal on a slightly used Nissan I just don’t know much about them.

Nissans reputation has taken a lot of hits in the last few years, they are lousy at product support when it comes to repairing their vehicles, ever since the mid 2000's they've had issues with radiators failing internally and letting coolant get into the transmission cooler, the fault was with the vendor they were using and the design of the internal transmission cooler. CVT problems with their cars, refusal to supply replacement parts for some vehicles, requiring you to buy a complete transmission instead of fixing yours, etc,etc,

They are not very well regarded in the automotive repair world.

hawkeye123

I've had 2 F-150's got 300,000+ outa both, bought a used 05 Tundra in 09 & got 331,000 out of it & still got 4500 for it. Purchased an 2018 new 4x4 Tundra in 2018 for 50K , never had spent over 20K on a truck before 60,000 miles & still pulls & drives like brand new, oh by the way Tundras are assembled in San Antonio TX, they are 75% American made the most of any truck, Chevy is least now..I think Chevy are the best looking however, Ford , Toyota. Dodge. Chevy all good , only one that is now now is Titan..they all expensive not just Tundras

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200611-105823_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200611-105823_Gallery.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 16
Watched my Dad and Grandad rebuild and replace the Dodge trucks too long. They eventually went all Ford and I've owned a couple of them. But in my honest OPINION, nothing rides like my Chevy and I hunt, fish, & play out of it too. My 2010 Z71 Crew Cab is my daily driver as well. #CHEVYSTRONG

1john4:4

Had a '14 Tundra and it was a great truck that got terrible fuel mileage. But it was a stout truck. I had to replace the water pump at around 120,000. At 140,000 I "think" the transmission might've been just starting to act up a little. So I traded it for a '19 Ram 3500 with the HO Cummins and Aisin transmission. The Ram is a great vehicle so far with 12,000 miles on it. But if I had it to do over again, I would've kept the Tundra. I just wanted to see what it felt like to be in high school again, since I see so many youngsters driving new diesel trucks around here.

trents99

I'm more of a Ford guy but when it came time to buy a truck 5 years ago I couldn't justify the price difference between an F-150 and the Ram I currently have which is a 2014 1500 w/5.7.

I've had no regrets and I would buy another Ram albeit a 2500 if cost difference was like it was back then.

I like the way the Tundras look but again the cost. As far as Chevy and Nissan, I'll never own another one as long as I live for various reasons. That pains me to say because I had hoped to find an old 5 window Chevy truck someday and drop an LS in it but that's not going to happen even if it were free.

TJay

I bought a new F150 last year, 4wd extra cab with the eco boost. Just checked the mileage for the first time during a road trip to Anniston and back. 23.1 mpg, pretty good for a 4wd.

killerv

When did nissan trucks start coming with transmission coolers? buddy had to add one to his. Heck, their cars have the same issue, coworker when through 3 transmissions within 10k miles on her altima. Nissan went to junk somewhere around the year 2000.

I looked a Tundras hard but can't get over the gas mileage. from what I understand they are addressing that on the next model change.

I looked at f150 recently and it blows my mind that the trailer package is an option you have to ask for, at a 1250 dollar cost. Can't stand the front ends either but the 2021 improves some in this department. Has ford also addressed the sunroof issue yet? They are breaking left and right and is a costly repair.

They all have their issues, take care of them the best you can and keep your fingers crossed the one you got lasts.

I just went back to gm after 20 years of others brands.

Buckman18

I drive a Chevy. Is it just a coincidence that I get the good looking gals?

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
For a full sized pickup I now only have one choice, I have owned them all and now only will own a Ram 2500 with diesel in a standard transmission, the last full sized truck that is offered in (standard transmission). I use a truck to haul heavy loads, many times off road, so I like a solid front axle which takes the newer chevys and toyotas off the table. I do not like automatic transmissions and will not buy a vehicle with one anymore. This photo was taken on BLM land somewhere in southeastern Wyoming when I was out exploring one Christmas..... I have the winterized package, so I can plug on those cold nights. Presently over 200k on this 2010 that I currently own with no major issues.15732317_10205966932851365_997186513364979610_o.jpg

sleepr71

Gas pickups: Most dependable:Toyota. Best ride:Chevy. Best styling & interior:Ford. Best Mileage:Ford Ecoboost. Best No frills Work truck:Dodge..especially with the Cummins. Diesel pickups are really just a matter of preference...and I’d put Ford last on the list. Even though I prefer Ford styling..I’d put them last in the diesel pecking order. With all that said...I drive a 2007 Tundra double cab 4x4 as my daily & the 2002 Ford F250 7.3 4x4 when I need to pull over 8,500lbs. The Tundra uses no oil & Id drive it to Commiefornia today...200,000 trouble free miles on it. Flush the trans,battery,water pump, & do a brake job every 100K...

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
This thread is based on a false premise and should be closed.

A half ton is not a truck(unless you're a girl). It's a car with a bed.

Trucks start at 1 ton and have dual rear wheels.

Y'all are girly men.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy

Y'all are girly men.

3/4 ton is the new 1/2 ton truck of the 70's. I have a F150, but if you put over 500 lbs in the back, it will squat like a little puppy peeing.

D2500 with a Cummins is hard to beat. Older F250 with 7.3s. I wouldn't own a 6.0 or 6.4 diesel from Ford. Chevy diesel? ain't much better than a 6.4 in my opinion.

GoldDot40

Y'all are girly men.
Until my ½ ton fails to take me anywhere I want it to...I'll keep on keeping on. I've hauled a ton of gravel in it a several occasions with zero issues or concerns. There's plenty of examples when people use a bigger truck to overcompensate for other shortcomings.

Steven037

Bot my first tundra new in 04. Gave it to my son when he turned sixteen in 2018 and bought a used 2014 for myself. 1794 edition. Silver 4x4 with the brown leather inside. Man I love that truck. Yeah the gas mileage sucks but I don’t drive far to work so it’s not a big deal. Next truck will most likely be a Tundra TRD Pro.