Tracking Dog Recoveries (2019-2020)

Core Lokt

Glad you dog will be ok!

I went in and shot a deer the Mr. Vick's dog had bayed. His last words to me before I left him was "DON'T SHOOT MY DOG!" LOl.

Speaking of Him, haven't seen him post in a while. Hope he is ok and doing well.

rvick

Glad you dog will be ok!

I went in and shot a deer the Mr. Vick's dog had bayed. His last words to me before I left him was "DON'T SHOOT MY DOG!" LOl.

Speaking of Him, haven't seen him post in a while. Hope he is ok and doing well.
I'm doing fine and tracking steady,Tommy.
You know the same thing happened to another tracker here a couple of years ago.
I can't let anyone else carry a gun now.
Too many crazy close calls.
I just don't post on here much any more.

wildlands

How's mirko?
He is doing good. Wish we could get one last one for the year maybe in Bama in a couple of weeks. One thing we found during the surgery was that Mirko had a severely angry looking pancreas. Blood work showed he had pancreatitis. He is now on a low fat diet and is doing really good. To me he is actually acting better than he has in a long time. No telling how long he had been dealing with it but never slowed him down. Now it just seems to be his age. Hopefully he keeps going for several more years. I do not think he will last nearly as long as Baby did but I still think he has a few more good years left in him.

stonecreek

Have not posted much this year. Finished the season on a high note. Both me Grizz have grown old together and limited the amount of calls we took this year. She located the ones that were findable and did her best on the others. Property line disputes ended 3 tracks early that I believe would have resulted in a find. One track last week at night ended with her locating a live but wounded deer in a beaver pond surrounded by briar thickets and the hunter and his 2 grown sons refused to go in and dispatch the deer.

Attachments

• jangrizz1.jpg
    jangrizz1.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 81
  • jangrizz2.jpg
    jangrizz2.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 80
  • jangrizz3.jpg
    jangrizz3.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 75

Blackston

Ived bayed up boar hogs ya almost had to cuss the “hunters” to come in with ya to kill .... No fun to have a dog hammering and chicken little wont go in ..... Always enjoy your videos !!!!! Thanks for the pics

rvick

Been a busy season. Still tracking in the FL panhandle.
We put #75 on the tailgate yesterday.
Used Reba, Chief, Pete and Cowboy this season.
Not sure what picture is gonna pop up here.

Attachments

• KIMG0031.JPG
    KIMG0031.JPG
    318 KB · Views: 108

splatek

UAEC
Been a busy season. Still tracking in the FL panhandle.
We put #75 on the tailgate yesterday.
Used Reba, Chief, Pete and Cowboy this season.
Not sure what picture is gonna pop up here.

That's a good looking dog right there, Leopard hound of some sort?

buckmanmike

Mr. Stonecreek,
Your dog looks like a family pet. I never knew that breed was a hunter/tracker. What breed is that?
Hope ya'll have continued success together.

Blackston

Mr. Stonecreek,
Your dog looks like a family pet. I never knew that breed was a hunter/tracker. What breed is that?
That ain’t no golden doodle .... It’s an Airedale

stonecreek

Mr. Stonecreek,
It’s a Moreland/ Johnson bloodline Airedale. Both of us are now semi retired from tracking. Only hitting daylight tracks close to the farm here in Sumter County. Did use her granddaughter some last year and she is gonna be a good one.

rvick

How do you train a dog to track wounded deer? What do you use?
Join United Blood Trackers. Org and buy both of Mr. John's Jeanenney's books and study them and talk to all the members.
Attend a Trackfest if possible.

rvick

I'm still tracking in extreme Southwest Georgia and four counties in North Florida.
Lots of hunters put my number in their phone in case they need a tracker in that area. 229-224-1814 Randy Vick

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
A new recoveries thread has been created and will stick at the top of the page. This one will still be here but will no longer remain at the top.