Tracking String or No Tracking String

Couple guys I know use one. I don't use one, however I am considering it.

Pros and Cons?

Do you use one?

Which one is the best?

Thanks

Shane Whitlock

I used one last year. I killed a deer with it and it worked great. The string broke around 75 yards but about another 50 yards and I had my deer. I will definitely use it during or after the rain. Imagine shooting an animal at dusk and after the shot not knowing the direction of travel. It will get you in the right direction and help eliminate unnecessary searching. Jerry Russell had a post on using them if you search the forum. I don't use them all the time but they add a lot of advantages I think.

dpoole

The string hanging down from the arrow While waiting tangles on everything

Thanks gentlemen! Not sure if I'll try one or not this year. Might be something I try next year.

Triple C

After following a shot doe into the swamp last year at my place after dark, the string tracker turned out to be priceless. Followed the string right to the doe. My guest shot it and used a string tracker. I attempted to order one from 3Rivers but they were out of stock. This thread reminded me to check back with them to see if they are in stock.

Hillbilly stalker

After following a shot doe into the swamp last year at my place after dark, the string tracker turned out to be priceless. Followed the string right to the doe. My guest shot it and used a string tracker. I attempted to order one from 3Rivers but they were out of stock. This thread reminded me to check back with them to see if they are in stock.
Check turkeyhuntingsecrets.com . They carry them also.

Sautee Ridgerunner

Drifter traditional archery makes the best trackers. Turkey hunting secrets website is the best place for replacement spools.

Watch jerry russell’s youtube video on setting one up or it’ll be a disaster.