Traditions Buckhunter Pro Problem

SWAMPFOX

I have been using the rifle for a few years now and need some advice on taking it down for cleaning. I have looked at the YouTube video from Traditions on disassembly for cleaning and I must not be doing something right. I have to remove the bolt handle in order to be able to remove the bolt from the breech to clean it. According to the video, you move the bolt handle and carrier to the rear-most detent on the receiver and the bolt handle is easily removed, supposedly. I have been struggling with getting the bolt handle to "easily" remove for the past half hour. I have sprayed it Kroil, gently tapped it, etc. The handle easily rotates inside the bolt but it will not pull out. It is supposed to pull straight out from the bolt. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

BuckskinBP

after 3 years of spot cleaning are you actually surprised? :D:D

Unscrew the large plug at the back of the bolt area. It should have a long screw driver slot. Carefully unscrew it until it pops loose, remove the long spring, then the bolt handle should remove.

But seriously, You havent even cleaned the breech plug or removed it in 3 years of use? If that's the case, Wait till you get to the breech plug removal part.

Darkhorse

I can't help you Swampfox, I've never shot, cleaned or even shouldered an inline. But I could probably help you with a side hammer gun. I've been shooting those since 1976.