Trail Cam Ethics of fair chase ?

shdw633

Arizona Outlaws cell cams For big game Hunting
is Georgia going to Follow

No...different situation out there than it is down here.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
GA already did. Cell cameras can not be used legally in GA for hunting.
They can be used legally in GA for scouting but not for hunting.

Rodneyco52

We all have enjoyed seeing the Trail Cam evolve over the last several years,
But with some reservations concerning Privacy of ourselves and other club Members and Guest being Photographed while Trying to enjoy there vacation in the woods,
there's nothing like walking to your favorite spot to Hunt and receiving rapid Text and Calls from Club members Questioning you. Fair Chase or Not it seems to be invasive during Hunting Season

Big7

The Oracle
Me too especially thinking these Guys are sitting at home or work and soon as a big one is moving around they drive straight out and get one and act like they conquered the beast.
:rockon::wink:

shdw633

Me too especially thinking these Guys are sitting at home or work and soon as a big one is moving around they drive straight out and get one and act like they conquered the beast.

You all probably don't use fish finders when you go fishing either....right?

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Fair chase is entering a place large enough that its not affected by another human or electronics, or technology. And especially feed. With no desire to worry about Boone or Crockett records. Media glory. Or what anyone else thinks. A place that requires little man influenced management. Personal accomplishment being the goal.

I run 5 cell cams now. 5 or 6 others. Its personal love of the outdoors when I can't be there. I received well over 400 pictures the last 24 hours on just one of them. Trying to use one as a means of going against fair chase would still require sitting there day and night for hours consecutive, outside of the human scent, movement factor. The tracks, rubs, scrapes, and defeating the deers senses already told me that. Patterning mature bucks is still an elusive art. I hope they cross paths within 30 yards of a camera again soon.

I'm trying to enjoy whats out there while it exists, before population and money takes it all over. Improving upon ruined habitat. Helping produce an abundance of wildlife. Maybe someone may find their glory from it. If I needed meat, I'd walk out there and it would be no issue legally killing a deer without any of it. Or a mature buck at some point. Plenty of meat to go around in the family.

My bow has sat idle in its case for the last 5 yrs. The gun in the safe. But, the 1200mm zoom Panasonic Lumix is armed and ready for combat. I'm enjoying it all with no concern what anyone thinks. All is fair in love and war.

Last edited:

35 Whelen

"It is a personal code of conduct that defines our intent when we set out to engage in the activity of hunting. Fair chase is the contract that hunters make with themselves about pursuing the game animals they hunt."

Some get it, some don't.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
"It is a personal code of conduct that defines our intent when we set out to engage in the activity of hunting. Fair chase is the contract that hunters make with themselves about pursuing the game animals they hunt."

Some get it, some don't.
Correct. And those that do get it realize its getting harder to achieve the intent without it being impacted by laws, and others. Unless you can get away from it.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Everyone draws their lines in accordance with the dictates of their own conscience. I am comfortable with mine and respect other's so long as they are legal.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Howzz that?

I'm old school. I liked it better the old way.
In Arizona, all the deer have to come to the same few water holes. Guides have them ringed with cell cams.