TRAIL CAM SCOUTING!

Corax11

I’m a NY transplant new to Savannah, GA and looking for some locations to place a trail camera to capture some different varieties of wildlife. I’m fairly new to this hobby, but I find it pretty fun as an avid outdoorsman. Any suggestions? Thanks!

whitter

BANNED
Probably the safest means to achieve your goal is to find a land owner and approach him as a camera fan and not hunting. Most will give the go ahead for that kind of approach. Using them on public areas will work but you then have to deal with the security angle which requires the metal boxes and Python cables and with a bigger chance of them being stolen.

Anthony61

BANNED
Or you could order some ceullar cameras and mount them around your house for security during this viral crisis then when thats over move them into the woods.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’m a NY transplant new to Savannah, GA and looking for some locations to place a trail camera to capture some different varieties of wildlife. I’m fairly new to this hobby, but I find it pretty fun as an avid outdoorsman. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Welcome to Georgia! Find a WMA close to you and check it out. Get a hunting license and you won’t have to buy the lands pass or GORP. Go to or google gohuntga and start there. Georgia has a lot of places all over the state so find a comfy chair and do an internet search. Get familiar with this place and you’ll be hooked in no time!

Corax11

Welcome to Georgia! Find a WMA close to you and check it out. Get a hunting license and you won’t have to buy the lands pass or GORP. Go to or google gohuntga and start there. Georgia has a lot of places all over the state so find a comfy chair and do an internet search. Get familiar with this place and you’ll be hooked in no time!
Hey thank you! I actually have been checking out the local WMAs like the Savannah refuge, Harris neck refuge and looking into Pinckney next. I figured those would be optimal locations, so I’m trying to get acquainted with them and was wondering basically where other people go. Also, I’m little unfamiliar with a land pass so why might I need that or a license? Thank you again by the way.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Hey thank you! I actually have been checking out the local WMAs like the Savannah refuge, Harris neck refuge and looking into Pinckney next. I figured those would be optimal locations, so I’m trying to get acquainted with them and was wondering basically where other people go. Also, I’m little unfamiliar with a land pass so why might I need that or a license? Thank you again by the way.

Now EVERYONE has to pay to use the WMA instead of just hunters. Horseback riding and mountain bikes, hikers , bird watchers, can be the norm on any WMA. I’ve seen someone set up a camera and some kind of baited stick waiting on a bird to land there I think, or maybe a butterfly........I should have told him to ride the rd til he finds some fresh poop and there will be beautiful black and blue butterflies there.