Trail camera review?

glynr329

I run Moultrie mostly, I have two Wildgame innovations been going on 2 years hundreds and hundreds of pictures not one problem. I have an old Bushnell that I have set on movies been a great camera ( walmart special little brown camera). Not sure how old it is but I got my money many times out of it. Worst one and will never buy another one Browning horrible camera. I am running 2 Spypoint this year probably got over 4 to 6000 pictures on each camera love them.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
My new Moultrie is not taking every pic. A couple of weeks ago we watched a cow horn spike feed in front of us. After hunting, I pulled the card. No pics of him. Should have been 3 or 4.

I think I figured it out. I think you have to format the card each time you swap it out?

glynr329

My new Moultrie is not taking every pic. A couple of weeks ago we watched a cow horn spike feed in front of us. After hunting, I pulled the card. No pics of him. Should have been 3 or 4.

I think I figured it out. I think you have to format the card each time you swap it out?

Do you turn camera off before removing the card and turn back on after installing new card?

glynr329

Yes, most times. Occasionally I forget.
I do have a few bad cards that end up in my stack again that will not have pictures on them. I know the camera is working because I see the flash on another camera that is facing it. I never knew that the infrared showed up on another camera as a bright light until I saw it on another camera.

4HAND

Staff member
I've been tempted to pick up a couple of those $28 Tasco cameras from Walmart & try them.

4HAND

Staff member
Some cameras will delete pictures from the card if you don't shut off the camera before taking out the card. I always format my cards every time I swap them.
That may have been the problem.

Twiggbuster

Got 2 Browning Strike Force and they’re great!
Going on 3rd year. Great battery life, great video and sound.
Family gave me a Cuddeback dual flash for Christmas and impressed so far. Got it in woodlot out back and sit in living room and check it from time to time.
It has a clear feature that will format the SD card as well.
Probably will add remotes as I go.