Trailer Hitch Skinning Hoist

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Anyone use one?

I had one. I mounted it into the receiver hitch on my 4 wheeler. I would just back up to the deer, winch him up and head home. worked great.

frankwright

I usually have my 4 wheeler and just do gutless skinning on pigs where they fall as I can't lift them. I think even if I used this as a skinning or transport it would be easy on my old back?

bnew17

I have a buddy with one. Total junk in my opinion. We use it in Ohio and it wouldn't lift my buck high enough off the ground to weigh it.

kma281

I have a buddy with one. Total junk in my opinion. We use it in Ohio and it wouldn't lift my buck high enough off the ground to weigh it.

"Total Junk" 'cause it wouldn't lift your deer high enough to weigh... I thought it sold as a skinning rack and a means to load your deer in the back of your truck. Did it fail to lift the Ohio deer or break or just not enough length with the scales added inline?

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
"Total Junk" 'cause it wouldn't lift your deer high enough to weigh... I thought it sold as a skinning rack and a means to load your deer in the back of your truck. Did it fail to lift the Ohio deer or break or just not enough length with the scales added inline?
Some are quality built and some are junk. Add scales and some won’t lift high enough. Get a heavy one that swivels into the bed.

bnew17

No, I believe it is sold as a skinning rack, not a deer loading device. I could be wrong,,,i personally don't use one unless I am hunting with him. The top part of the frame that goes around the pulley is slotted to keep the gambrel from twisting and moving around. I think it is just a slightly flawed designed. Should have been made taller, but for what its used for it will get you by in a pinch.

Gbr5pb

Got one for Christmas the Cabelas model not really tall enough so just added 2 foot to pole should work now hope to find out before season over