Trapper Identification Number

The trapping regulations state that you must have your name or trapper's identification number stamped, etched, or tagged on the traps. I submitted the commercial trapper application and paid the fee to GA DNR - I have the email stating confirmation of the license. But nowhere on the confirmation email, the attached file, or when I login to GA DNR license portal can I find a trapper's identification number. What am I missing? Is my DNR Customer number what I am supposed to use?

Of the options for marking your traps: Do you stamp/etch or tag your traps?

Doug B.

When did you send in your application? It takes it about a week for them to process and mail it back to you.
I put tags on my traps with my permanent number stamped on the tags.

It's been about that long. I will keep an eye on the mail box.

Thank you.

oldguy

I use tags but have learned over the years that tags don't last long under the onslaught of coon or coyote teeth. It's a good idea to attach them somw where the critters can't get to. I use double stake swivels and put the tags on the bottom of those. If you use earth anchors you could attach the tag some where it will be underground. Use hog rings to attach. They're more durable.

Doug B.

I use tags but have learned over the years that tags don't last long under the onslaught of coon or coyote teeth. It's a good idea to attach them somw where the critters can't get to. I use double stake swivels and put the tags on the bottom of those. If you use earth anchors you could attach the tag some where it will be underground. Use hog rings to attach. They're more durable.
I wrap mine around the second link of chain from the end swivel. I haven't had any come off although I know it is still possible for it to.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
When you renew your number will be the same. That’s “your” number now as a trapper