Trapping a Boar Hawg

Juan De

I bought a boar buster have caught and killed 157 in the last 18 months. This guy loved sun flower seeds, but best thing I have found is old birthday cake.

Attachments

• 13CCE71D-678E-4590-B5BF-EFD56EDBA4F1.png
    13CCE71D-678E-4590-B5BF-EFD56EDBA4F1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 38

jammeri5

Check out your local Donut shop. They throw out a lot and usually don’t mind sharing. It’s a little messy but it’ll bring in a pig.

sleepr71

Probably not going to catch an older hog, or a hog thats seen others trapped in a little box trap like that. Probably going to have to build a figure 6 corral trap. Not too hard to do with just (3)16 foot combo panels and some t-post. Wire the “gate” so it stays open for about a week, and let him get used to feeding in and out of it without any consequences. Just use corn and stuff that’s not super attractive at first. When you’re ready to really get him though, throw the honey buns and donuts in there! Rig it with a trip wire/stick at the back & let him catch himself. Pooh wee do those big boars get mad,when they realize they are trapped. Especially when you approach them. Build a strong trap. T-posts every 4-5 ft ?

Okie Hog

Yep, i've encountered numerous trap shy boars and caught most of them. This boar avoided the trap like the plague. Then i shut the feeder down. In a few days the boar was caught.

xGiCjUal.jpg

Cover the bottom of the trap with stray, hay, or dirt. Sprinkling strawberry Kool Aid on the corn sometimes works. Donuts are the finest hog bait. If there's a feeder nearby shut it down.

A big trap shy sow is a real challenge.

ditchdoc24

A big trap shy sow is a real challenge.

This is what I'm dealing with right now. Have a lone sow on camera two nights in a row so far. She comes in, looks at my trap for a few minutes and then moves on. I'm thinking I might just be sitting out with a rifle and a green spotlight waiting on her tonight. Have a bunch of hogs coming up in my mother-in-law's yard. I've caught 8 so far. Just moved one trap to a new spot this afternoon.

FOLES55

Lightly cover the trap at the corners with pine limbs then add your sweet feed like donuts and pancake syrup. Limbs help break up the outline is all.
Good luck