Travel slid out issue

HuntinJake_23

Took our 2012 KZ sportsman 321 bunkhouse to Parks Ferry this weekend and had a blast. Everything on the camper worked as it should. When we got home Sunday I went to open the rear slide out and it would click click click, but not move. I pressed the button both directions and all it does is click click click. I’ve tried it hooked up to power and just using the 12 volt battery and same results.

I went out and tried using a pair of vise grips to turn the manual crank at the motor (the manual crank rod pin came out and I haven’t got another one), but it would not turn. Thinking I didn’t have enough leverage.

Based on this does it sound like the slide out motor is bad?

GeorgiaBob

Did you look for something that might be causing a jam, or preventing the slide from moving?

pjciii

I agree with GB. Look back behind the inside left or right of the slide. Maybe A duster, broom, something like that is jamming it also over the top of the slide. That is all i could think of. If it is clicking it is getting power and is trying to extend. Is it off its track on one side or the other?

Also try the lippert website For troubleshooting

https://www.lci1.com/slide-outs

Last edited:

HuntinJake_23

@GeorgiaBob and @pjciii i checked the things you suggested and nothing out of the ordinary. I was able to re-attach the manual turn bar to the motor. Bumped it a few times with my battery impact and it came free and then slid in and out no problem from pushing the button. While the wife slid it in and out a few times I sprayed all the components with lube. Seems when we slid it in at the camp site it just got stuck ??‍♂️

Thank you both for your input and pointing me in the right direction.

Stang

There is a solenoid at your slide out motor...you can jump across it with a screwdriver like a car starter to get it in and out. Clicks just like a car starter solenoid. Will look like this:
1660779439262.png

Not too expensive and easy to change.