Traveling Man

DLS

Master Mason

I started a room just for masons at my forum .I just started it today so it needs sprucing up , But we can do it. The address is in my home page . look down untill you see masons room. It is password protected so as we can talk private. If you need the password to enter just PM me over there . (I am DAN over there) Or ask me here for the password.
Dan
the room is under other stuff, ID= Masonic talk
see you there

Just BB

How do you go about becomming a mason, or asking to join the freemasons. Father was in NC.

You just did! Congrats! By the way, Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier Brothers. I've traveled since 2006. Campbellton #76. Last year SD and now JW for 08 and do the Staircase Lecture. Proud to be a part of this thread.:flag:

DLS

Won't it be impossible to be sure a man is a regularly raised master mason without an in person examination by the Senior Deacon?
How can this be done over the web? (and then there are the lessons learned in the E.A. degree....??)
Regards,
Douglas

I can tell without examination

gunsbillygun

i dont think we will be talking anything that is not allowed by our obg. just a place for masons in general to talk shop.

#4s

Pelham #312
Working on 2nd degree now and love it all the people have been great, really willing to help and have made me feel really welcome.

gunsbillygun

stay with it, it is well worth the work and time, little grasshopper. lol

trumpdriver

My hats off to you guys. I come from a family of Masons and Shriners just never took the step myself. Keep up the great work.

DLS

After you become a Master Mason, get a copy of Albert Pike's book "Morals and Dogma" (you can find it on the web). There are no masonic "secrets" in it but it will help you understand the deeper meaning of what you have experienced in the 3 degrees of the Blue Lodge.
If you decide to go further, into the Scottish Rite, it will give you a prelude to understanding what's ahead in your masonic education.
It's heavy reading...take it slow and digest the material
Regards,
Douglas
doug,
my instructor gave me a copy after the degree work was done. & my wife found an antique copy & gave me. I have never read them. Maybe I should

Just BB

Won't it be impossible to be sure a man is a regularly raised master mason without an in person examination by the Senior Deacon?
How can this be done over the web? (and then there are the lessons learned in the E.A. degree....??)
Regards,
Douglas

Yes, if we were trying to sit in lodge right now and we didn't know you to be a mason but we aren't in lodge and we are not typing or saying anyting that is a secret. You tell me your a mason, I say great. Nothing wrong with that is there? The big problem with masonry today is that we don't talk about it. I'm proud to be a Mason and don't mind telling anyone that I am. I would have no problem inviting anyone here to come to the lodge for a tour. I'd love for anyone here to come to one of our family nights and eat and sit in the lodge to listen to guest speakers, see the historic artifacts in and around the lodge, get to see the musket ball hole in the wall from the Cival War, Sit in a lodge that was chartered in 1848 and is the only lodge in Georgia that still meets in it's original building. I'd love it if they just came and ate dinner with us before lodge. Then they could see for themselves, the type of great men that I share lodge with. Christain Men that love God, Patriotic men that love this country, Young family men that love their families and neighbors. Police officers that defend us daily share my lodge. Vets that fought for my safety and my freedom share my lodge. Honorable men of all walks of life share my lodge and we all share one thing. Masonry

gunsbillygun

Yes, if we were trying to sit in lodge right now and we didn't know you to be a mason but we aren't in lodge and we are not typing or saying anyting that is a secret. You tell me your a mason, I say great. Nothing wrong with that is there? The big problem with masonry today is that we don't talk about it. I'm proud to be a Mason and don't mind telling anyone that I am. I would have no problem inviting anyone here to come to the lodge for a tour. I'd love for anyone here to come to one of our family nights and eat and sit in the lodge to listen to guest speakers, see the historic artifacts in and around the lodge, get to see the musket ball hole in the wall from the Cival War, Sit in a lodge that was chartered in 1848 and is the only lodge in Georgia that still meets in it's original building. I'd love it if they just came and ate dinner with us before lodge. Then they could see for themselves, the type of great men that I share lodge with. Christain Men that love God, Patriotic men that love this country, Young family men that love their families and neighbors. Police officers that defend us daily share my lodge. Vets that fought for my safety and my freedom share my lodge. Honorable men of all walks of life share my lodge and we all share one thing. Masonry

i would love to come and visit, when is your meeting night . i would like to get some of the other brothers min my lodge and come sit in.

Just BB

2nd and 4th Saturdays. Eat at 6:30pm, lodge at 7:30pm.
Here's a pic of the lodge. Pretty cool old place.

Campbellton Lodge #76..jpg

hoghunter1

I was talking with a brother the other night and he "had heard" that a regular lodge in Atlanta was censured at Grand Lodge because they rented out their building on the nights they werent at labor to a Prince Hall lodge.
This may be one of those "he said, they said, I heard" things. I didnt see anything about that in this month's Messenger...has anyone heard of this?
Regards,
Douglas

We recieved a letter from Grand Lodge that stated that we cant rent out our lodge to any organization and that was shortly after I heard what the lodge in atlanta was doing. I cant say it was prince hall but I can say the timing on the letter we got was about the right time. I dont know why they would do that!! They must be needing the money but that is a bad way to get it in my opinion.