Tree Walker Tree Stands

SWAMPFOX

I posted this at the Gear Review forum but also wanted to post it here in hopes of getting greater response.

Anyone here have a Tree Walker Tree Stand? I just spoke with Kyle at their facility near Gatlinberg/Sevierville, Tenn. and he was very informative and helpful. He actually answered the phone on the second ring. I'm trying to find someone who may have one that I can take a look at before I pony up the money for one. I live in Jacksonville, FL but I travel all over east and central Georgia from Augusta south and east of I-75.

Thanks.

Jack Flynn

By far the best stand you can spend money on. Had one for years and fixing to order two more. Get the chill pad is all you'll need besides the stand.

GaBowman21

BigPimpin on here has 2 of them. Hunted out of them many times. Great stand and its extremely comfortable. It bites the tree as secure as any climber I have ever used. You won’t regret buying one I can assure you that.

TomC

Don't forget to order the chill pad. There is a little trial and error getting the chill pad set to the right height but one you dial it in you can sit ALL DAY. Great stands, rock solid on the slickest of oak trees! My favorite is the Pro Mag LT which is the version WITHOUT all the bells and whistles.

badcreek

I have a buddy on my lease that has one and I have sat in it several times. Without a doubt, it is the most comfortable stand I have ever sat in. He put a Summit seat on it and it makes a huge difference, even more comfortable than the Chill Pad you can buy. If I didn't already own 4 API Grand Slams I would definitely buy one.

South Man

best one on the market! I have owned one for 4 years

Grand Slam

Never had a tree walker stands, so I can't attest to how good they are. Look comfy though. I hunt mostly out of Gunslinger stands. I have 3 of them. I love them.

4togo

I have had at least 15 different climbing treestands. The treewalker is the most comfortable stand I habe every had.

JohnK

I've had one for 3 years and I like it. It's big and roomy. I face the tree with a rifle which is not possible with most stands. I've had a lot of stands summits, gunslingers, tree lounges etc and this one is pretty good, It's not as comfortable as the gunslingers but it is much easier to hook up and climb with....lighter and easier to carry as well. It's more comfortable that the rest of them. it's the most stable of all IMO.

jbird1

I have a buddy on my lease that has one and I have sat in it several times. Without a doubt, it is the most comfortable stand I have ever sat in. He put a Summit seat on it and it makes a huge difference, even more comfortable than the Chill Pad you can buy. If I didn't already own 4 API Grand Slams I would definitely buy one.

I would be interested to see a pic of that....facing the tree?

jbird1

I pulled out my old gunslinger this past weekend to show it to my son. I can't believe how heavy it is...of course it was the higher weight rating model. I jumped in it real quick and immediately noticed the bar that runs under the thighs was uncomfortable, I guess I used to rest me feet up on the top piece to take the pressure off. I hunt mostly OTG now but always open to try new stands looking for the holy grail. The 'walker seems interesting bur my netting seat days are over (used an ol man for many years.)

SWAMPFOX

I assume from what I'm hearing is that mesh seats are uncomfortable? I have never had a climber with a mesh seat. I know the primary purpose is to reduce weight but I'm willing to contend with additional weight if it means I can be more comfortable. I just can't hunt from a stand if it is uncomfortable. My old age is kicking in.

badcreek

I would be interested to see a pic of that....facing the tree?
No, he uses it as a bow stand, so back to the tree. You could easily face the tree though. It made that stand 20 times more comfortable than it already is. The Summit seat sits a little lower in the stand than the chill pad.

DJ1710

Mesh seats to me are much more comfortable than sitting on pads w strap supports. Prefer the ole man style and need to buy me a tree walker.

Last edited:

JohnK

Never had a problem with the mesh seats on tree walker or several ol man's I've had. If you're going to face away from the tree it's easy to step over. Plus they don't make any noise when I move. I prefer them. Forget that summit seat, I like being above the bars to I need to stand up and turn around with no noise.

Last edited: