Trip #2 lined up!

MissouriBoy

So, took the two older kiddos, 6 & 4 and we tent camped at High Falls over the weekend. Talk about a great time. Took the kayak on the lake, caught some fish, had some good classes on fire starting, knives, etc. They loved it, I’ll put some pics in the comments.
Now we have a spot reserved at Lake Tobesofkee, in their Arrowhead campground.
Have any of you camped there before? Is there any hiking nearby, or sites worth seeing? This time I will have the wife, and all 3 kiddos, with the youngest being 2, so long hikes, difficult stuff, is sorta outta the question, unless I can freelance for an afternoon.

walkinboss01

Looks like a good time. I’ve camped at high falls and Indian Springs a few times, but never lake tobesofkee.

MissouriBoy

Looks like a good time. I’ve camped at high falls and Indian Springs a few times, but never lake tobesofkee.
It was a great time. Looking forward to this next trip!

Oldstick

Been to High Falls, Indian Springs and Tobosofkee many times. You and your kids will love it. Not many trails at Tobo that I know of but you will find plenty of open land for them to wander around at Arrowhead.

I am assuming the lake has filled back up since the maintenance draw down they had last year, but if you want to find some good fishing for the kids, go to the extreme northwest tip of the lake, an area called the "duck ponds" if it is open. Ask at the check station. Another great area is the creek below the dam. But also probably good fishing along the banks at the campground.

As far as restaurants, definitely don't miss the Fish And Pig on the Claystone side of the lake just before the Claystone entrance.

Oldstick

I should have added plenty of historic sites to see in Macon as well, Antebellum houses in the downtown area plus the ancient Okmulgee Indian National Park site that the kids would love. That is where the long hiking trails are.

MissouriBoy

I should have added plenty of historic sites to see in Macon as well, Antebellum houses in the downtown area plus the ancient Okmulgee Indian National Park site that the kids would love. That is where the long hiking trails are.
Awesome thank you for the information!