Trolling motor repair help

Ran my MinnKota 55 Riptide this weekend and the prop hit the bank while the motor was running. Motor stopped after that, no forward or reverse.

Is that a broken shaft?

Took the prop and housing off just to look, and don't see anything. I know nothing about these

Nimrod71

I've never had that to happen before. I have hit any number of things with mine an it has never stopped running, even broekn props but it kept running. Check and see if it has a reset button.

BCAPES

I agree with the shear pin.
maxresdefault.jpg

teebert

Just curious, how would that cause the motor to not run? I've ran mine aground many times and bent those pins a lot but it didn't cause the motor to not run.

tr21

thinking the op means the prop aint turning, he says no fwd or rev. and asks about broken shaft

teebert

I was gonna say, if he thought it was the shear pin I think I have some spares I could send him so he doesn't have to buy one. Mine is for a Endura Max but it may fit his.

StriperrHunterr

Check your inline fuse. If you ran it into the bank you could have caused an amp surge that blew the fuse. Other than that, like the others have side, check your shear pin and for any deformation in the lower unit and commutator.

The Rodney

Check fuse. Are you hearing any motor noise when you send power to it? In line fuse may be the kind you can reset, small plastic thing right off the battery, mine is gray about the size of two dice.