Trophy Deer..........

Is your Trophy the same for Bow as Gun hunting????

• Yes

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 36 52.9%

• Total voters
H

HT2

Jimbo's Thread (Bowbender) got me to thinkin'..........

Some people think that a trophy is a trophy is a trophy........

And, that's cool........I have no problem with that......

But for me, I just don't think that way............There are certain deer that I'll shoot with a bow/crossbow that I won't shoot with a gun.......

What's everybody's else's opinion of the what they consider a trophy????

I know everybody has their own opinion.........

308 WIN

No

I Will Only Shoot A Buck If It Will Be My Personal Best, With That Weapon.

Last edited:

raghorn

This will probably get me blackballed but here is the absolute truth for me. It depends on what makes me happy at he time. Early in the season I would be selective and probably wait for a 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 year old,but maybe not. Bottom line, I'm not hung up on what they score, I hunt for pleasure , so whatever makes me happy that day is a trophy.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Same deer for me, but I have yet to take a nice buck with my bow (or any buck other than the first deer ever with a bow back in 92 or so).

Jim

Wetzel

This will be my first year bowhunting so any deer I can take with my bow will be a trophy...

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Any deer I take regardless of the weapon I used I consider them a trophy otherwise I wouldn't have shot them, though I don't necassarily mount them all.... ;) :)

CPiper

Every deer I have killed, or not killed, was a quality trophy!
To think otherwise is to sell hunting and ALL deer short ... IMHO.

SADDADDY

I don’t discriminate against any deer, I am a equal opportunity killer

:shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

any deer that I have the Privilege to harvest using any type of weapon is a trophy to me :cool:

yes it is a added bonus if I harvest one with a bow or smokepole but I do not pick or choose, if it is a shooter, it's a trophy :cheers:

MoeBirds

:type: I've yet to take a buck with my bow, takin a few does though. I voted "no"since if the oppurtunity to take a 2 1/2 year-old is offered me this year....he's toast (and backstrap :bounce: )!!
.....I will likely adjust my (self-imposed) buck harvesting age requirement up a year or so after I've taken my first with bow, as I did with gun some years back.

I don't consider all the deer I kill to be "Trophys", they're deer. :huh: I get peoples' meaning behind their statements, I just don't share the distinction since the word: "Trophy" to most does not resemble a doe or fork-horn, but that of a 150" or whatever :rolleyes: ?!
I personally have only ever had a shoulder-mount done of one buck, a beautiful non-typical 9 point (never scored) :pop: !!
Though I've taken several bucks with a gun, again I wouldn't consider them "Trophys", since this (IMO) actually diminishes the experience of the hunt. To most it sounds like you are searching only for a wall hanger and the rest of the deer are simply walking by-product. Terming all deer as "Trophys", though as respecteble the intention, can and will (IMO) produce a negative-reaction from the non-hunting public as apposed to the intended positive.

I personally, simply look for mature "respectable (my own judgement) representations" of the certain species I hunt, and of course I only shoot what I and my family need and will eat.

...."Then why don't you (I) just shoot does" :huh: ?!...you may ask :confused: ?!....

....I take bucks from a hunter's instinct and a deer-management standpoint since we can neither take only does as we've learned the hard way by taking so many "bucks-only" for so many years :eek: !?

DeucesWild

If I shoot a buck, I mount it. I try to stick to the "Outside the Ears" method wether it's with a bow or gun.

CPiper

Bender ..... :cheers:

Id bet if we met in person and looked one another in the eye, we'd be closer to each others fence then what can be perceived via the internet. ;) Good Luck my Friend!!

Latest posts