Tropical storm Elsa and coastal fishing

Steven2014

Have a house rented in Sunbury for the weekend and was planning on fishing. Don’t get to go much and was wondering how this storm will affect the inshore fishing. Any advice would help too, thanks!

GeorgiaGlockMan

Have a house rented in Sunbury for the weekend and was planning on fishing. Don’t get to go much and was wondering how this storm will affect the inshore fishing. Any advice would help too, thanks!
You can't catch fish from ft. living room.

How's that for advice?

It may effect it for the better. Won't know till you are there.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Definitely still going to try just wasn’t sure if the storm would change where the fish would normally be etc.
Bigger than usual waves crashing into the rocks will turn some big fish on in turbo feeding mode.

Didn't even occur to me until I saw it scuba diving a time or 2.

Good luck!

slow motion

I'm planning on hitting st Mark's Saturday if I can swing it, fish bite better after and during the storms.
May be there then also. My oldest is coming in from Arizona for a few days. May try to hit the flats for fish and scallops. If it works out will pm you my cell# just to say hey. Either way good luck.

craigious

I launch out of Demeries. I would love some tips on scallops. Any general tips/or areas that I should try? My wife has been asking me to take her for years :)

May be there then also. My oldest is coming in from Arizona for a few days. May try to hit the flats for fish and scallops. If it works out will pm you my cell# just to say hey. Either way good luck.

slow motion

I launch out of Demeries. I would love some tips on scallops. Any general tips/or areas that I should try? My wife has been asking me to take her for years :)
Only place I know anything about is St. Marks Fl. in the panhandle. I think you're referring to Demeries Creek ramp on the Ga coast. If you go to St Marks go out of the river and head east across the flats until you see the fleet. Just be careful this area is referred to as the Rock Garden. Similar at other locations such as Steinhatchee and Crystal River. Other than that scallops like clear water and grass.

slow motion

Forgot to add unless you have a nav chip or experience in the area stay in the marked channel until you are well out of the river. Lots of shallow water and bars in the area.

slow motion

If you plan to try St. Marks post up when you plan to go on the regular salt water forum. Could be someone else from the forum down at the same time. Never hurts to have a friend in the area.

doomtrpr_z71

I'm going to say don't try St Mark's without researching it first or the rock garden will ruin the trip. It's pretty easy to learn and it's doable without gps once you learn but it's not a trip to take blindly.