Troup co quartz Point

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I grew up on the ocmulgee and found a lot of points in my younger days and since moving I have really gotten out of looking but when I’m in the woods I still catch myself flipping rocks , found several in this area but mostly rough quartz , this was a little better one 07B06841-0903-42FA-B6C1-A2C0658094DD.jpeg

Duff

That is a high quality quartz point!! Congrats!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
You got yourself a mighty nice one there.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
That’s a great find!

dtala

I lived in Lagrange and worked for the construction company building the COE parks. I used to walk the new roads and found hundreds of points, 99% of them were white quartz and pretty crude.

That is an exceptional quartz point.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I lived in Lagrange and worked for the construction company building the COE parks. I used to walk the new roads and found hundreds of points, 99% of them were white quartz and pretty crude.

That is an exceptional quartz point.
What park did u seem to find the most near ? And thanks for the compliment , I found it near pine mountain in a food plot

walkinboss01

Great looking point. A friend of my brothers dug one up sitting fence post. When he cleaned it up you could drop in in a glass of water, and it was hard to see. I’ve never been lucky enough to find one made of the clear quartz.

dtala

antharper, I found points is just about all I worked on. We'd run a dozer with a raking blade making those roads, check after a rain and pick up 20-30 a day easy. I found ONE clear crystal quartz point and maybe 3-4 flint points. The rest were same material as yours.
BTW, I am also a knapper and that white quartz is an absolute bear to knap, whoever made yours was an exceptional knapper.