Troup County 20-21 season

Thread starter #1

gma1320

Hunting a area in Troup County that I've never hunted before. Leased 90 acres with my hunting partner outside of Hogansville. Have some big bodied small racked deer on camera so far. I did find some fresh scrapes yesterday.

Condor

Hunting some private land and some public land in Troup. Haven‘t seen a scrape yet, white oaks just started to fall. Have one area with pin oaks just raining down, regardless of the time of day, once I get within 50-75 yards of the area the deer blow and leave the area. Have been in there at 12:00 noon and 4:00 in the afternoon. I think I will slide in there today with a break in the rain, maybe I can get a quiet entrance and set up without them hearing me coming in.

Thread starter #3

gma1320

Hunting some private land and some public land in Troup. Haven‘t seen a scrape yet, white oaks just started to fall. Have one area with pin oaks just raining down, regardless of the time of day, once I get within 50-75 yards of the area the deer blow and leave the area. Have been in there at 12:00 noon and 4:00 in the afternoon. I think I will slide in there today with a break in the rain, maybe I can get a quiet entrance and set up without them hearing me coming in.
Good luck today, it's funny because I've spent the last 7 years hunting western Troup and heard counties. Not use to seeing the first scrapes till late November. Our new property in Eastern Troup has already got scrapes and I've lost count of rubs.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
I hunt in south Troup and just started getting some decent bucks on cam , also hunt all over Corp property with great success, hope my daughter kills one of these 2 tomorrow afternoon with the muzzle loader 4F176B39-3092-47DA-837B-DD251E34C00F.jpeg 4FE3F1A8-CCF0-4F53-9C27-AA225BE2781F.jpeg

Condor

Hunt South Troup as well, White Oaks falling, lots of scrapes in the last few days.
Suddenly seeing strange bucks, mostly smaller. The hocks on the deer on my lease are not turning black at this time, go figure.