Troup County 20-21 season

Keith Karr

Hunted Tuesday, Wednesday and today till 11 am. Saw one decent size 8 after a doe like a bird dog and a few small bucks acting like teenagers after the prom queen. I’ll be back after them next week when the weather cools back down. This one was at one of my feeders Tuesday afternoon....of course I was some where else ?AD8EC507-6E93-492F-8738-3A9C4F75D922.png

Keith Karr

Back in NW Troup. Saw 11 does and fawns yesterday afternoon. On doe so far this morning. Have so new bucks on camera since last week and so has the neighbor to my north. Beautiful frosty morning. May sit all day.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
My son and I went yesterday evening to our lease in NE Troup. Didn't see any activity.

Keith Karr

Sat all day. One doe about 7:40, four does/fawns at 11:35. If l tell how many deer l saw between 4:30 and dark....l will be called a liar so I’ll just say l saw a pile of deer.

All does and fawns....not a single buck all day. Very odd but the amount of deer I saw this afternoon was incredible.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Been pretty slow in south Troup since middle of November . I’ve been scouting and hunting a few times on Corp property on far northwest side of the lake and been seeing some pretty good activity , got a couple really nice bucks on trail cam that I’ll be after for the rest of the season , good luck to y’all

gma1320

Bucks chasing in NW Troup around the lake today.

antharper

Staff member
Bucks chasing in NW Troup around the lake today.
I had one grunting and chasing Saturday afternoon on the lake , just all happened about 10 minutes to late . I could catch a glimpse a couple times but it was thick and about dark

gma1320

My neighbor got a shot off with his muzzleloader on a nice 8 and missed.

antharper

Staff member
I guess it was the weather after the nasty weather but my goodness at the deer we seen today . Between me and my daughter at least 25 , probably 30 , only a couple racked bucks but one really nice one and I wasn’t comfortable with the shot .

gma1320

Hunted yesterday evening and this morning and didn't see a thing.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Hunted Troup yesterday evening. Had 6 does and a super nice 3 year old 8 come out about 30 minutes before dark. One of the does was still in heat and I got to see some of the best chasing action I have seen in a while...on January 4th! I was wanting a doe and had to wait forever for one to slow down enough for a shot. After I shot one doe, he continued to chase the other does until dark.