Troup County 20-21 season

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Hunting a area in Troup County that I've never hunted before. Leased 90 acres with my hunting partner outside of Hogansville. Have some big bodied small racked deer on camera so far. I did find some fresh scrapes yesterday.

Condor

Hunting some private land and some public land in Troup. Haven‘t seen a scrape yet, white oaks just started to fall. Have one area with pin oaks just raining down, regardless of the time of day, once I get within 50-75 yards of the area the deer blow and leave the area. Have been in there at 12:00 noon and 4:00 in the afternoon. I think I will slide in there today with a break in the rain, maybe I can get a quiet entrance and set up without them hearing me coming in.

gma1320

Hunting some private land and some public land in Troup. Haven‘t seen a scrape yet, white oaks just started to fall. Have one area with pin oaks just raining down, regardless of the time of day, once I get within 50-75 yards of the area the deer blow and leave the area. Have been in there at 12:00 noon and 4:00 in the afternoon. I think I will slide in there today with a break in the rain, maybe I can get a quiet entrance and set up without them hearing me coming in.
Good luck today, it's funny because I've spent the last 7 years hunting western Troup and heard counties. Not use to seeing the first scrapes till late November. Our new property in Eastern Troup has already got scrapes and I've lost count of rubs.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I hunt in south Troup and just started getting some decent bucks on cam , also hunt all over Corp property with great success, hope my daughter kills one of these 2 tomorrow afternoon with the muzzle loader 4F176B39-3092-47DA-837B-DD251E34C00F.jpeg4FE3F1A8-CCF0-4F53-9C27-AA225BE2781F.jpeg

gma1320

Slow morning at our place. Didn't hear shot until I shot. Did manage to shoot a doe at 11:46. 1st deer I've shot in 2 years.

I hunt south Troup(Pine Mountain) we have scrapes on the ground and some does are starting to get black hocks! Got some older bucks on cam but they're jacked up!

Condor

Hunt South Troup as well, White Oaks falling, lots of scrapes in the last few days.
Suddenly seeing strange bucks, mostly smaller. The hocks on the deer on my lease are not turning black at this time, go figure.

Stingray23

I hunt south Troup(Pine Mountain) we have scrapes on the ground and some does are starting to get black hocks! Got some older bucks on cam but they're jacked up!
So do I and so do we...have some older jacked up bucks. Where you at? We are off Perry Mill

antharper

Staff member
Get in the tree the next 15 days in Troup , between my daughter and me we’ve seen probably 10 different bucks from the stand the last few days , she got this one this morning , they are on there feet , this one was stinking pretty good F39B57CD-862B-4245-B08C-379AA34E22CB.jpeg

Stingray23

I'm off South Thompson road.
How is the movement there? Over the past 4 days it has all but stopped for us once the weather warmed up. I let a 3.5 yrd old 9 walk last Tuesday, he came in grunting and checking a doe, seen very little chasing, several bucks pushing does and the does still with their young ones and together. Kinda weird this year

MikeyD6

Deleted
I've seen a lot of movement in the morning the last 2 weekends. I shot a buck on Saturday that had a lot of fat on him and his tarsals were just turning dark without much smell. I think its going to really turn on this week. I'm in north Troup close to Heard.

gma1320

Been slow around my place outside of hogansville. How about yall?

antharper

Staff member
Been slow around my place outside of hogansville. How about yall?
Very slow for me also , still seeing a few deer but nothing special . Seen more this afternoon than I’ve seen the past few sits . I’m betting when this cool front hits this week they will be wide open

gma1320

Very slow for me also , still seeing a few deer but nothing special . Seen more this afternoon than I’ve seen the past few sits . I’m betting when this cool front hits this week they will be wide open
I was actually finding lots of fresh scrapes about 3 weeks ago, now they are all covered with leaves. I'm new to hunting this last of the county. I'm use to not seeing any rut activity till December. So I don't what to think about this place.

antharper

Staff member
I was actually finding lots of fresh scrapes about 3 weeks ago, now they are all covered with leaves. I'm new to hunting this last of the county. I'm use to not seeing any rut activity till December. So I don't what to think about this place.
I’ve hunted this area for about 20 years , I live just a couple miles out of hogansville ,but I hunt on far south side of county , if you can hunt next week I would . I found several fresh scrapes today . Last year I killed a good buck on the 17th and they were bucks running everywhere , good luck

gma1320

I’ve hunted this area for about 20 years , I live just a couple miles out of hawkinsville ,but I hunt on far south side of county , if you can hunt next week I would . I found several fresh scrapes today . Last year I killed a good buck on the 17th and they were bucks running everywhere , good luck
Thank you for the advice and good luck to you as well.

Same, very slow. Havent seen a buck over 2.5 in over a week!!!!
How is the movement there? Over the past 4 days it has all but stopped for us once the weather warmed up. I let a 3.5 yrd old 9 walk last Tuesday, he came in grunting and checking a doe, seen very little chasing, several bucks pushing does and the does still with their young ones and together. Kinda weird this year

Stingray23

Movement picked up dramatically this week, shot a would be 9 (had a broke off G2 from fighting) with a 19.5 in spread, came in grunting. Five minutes after the shot another 3.5 yr old 9 cam in, ears laid back, stiff legging all the way up to the dead 9...quite impressive. Few of us down there are seeing the rut activity pick up this week

gma1320

Hunted the first time in 2 weeks today, hurt my back and then Reinjured it again. Still ain't healed all the way up though. Had all I could stand of not being out there though. Found a few scrapes, but some had debris in them. Didn't see any deer though.