Troup County Weasel

Corey J

I would have thought that was a squirrel if i would have driven by it!

Al Medcalf

Shoot yea they have always been here. When I was a kid, I kept cage traps set out and checked them every day after school. I had a dog that went with me and he knew as well as I did where all the traps were. I had one on a sandbar in a creek back behind the house. Old Bozo got to it way before I did and I heard the gosh awfullest screaming you ever heard. I got there and had a weasel and he was jumping at the dog and screaming. I tried to keep him but after about a week he died. By the way Throwback, they retired me Nov. 1st and I ain't shaved since.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a market for such large pelts.....

Actually there is a market for them up north where they turn white in the winter, then they're called "ermines." Case-skinned weasels make cool knife sheaths.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Most excellent T! Whereabouts?

lbzdually

Banned
I've seen a black mink and a fox go at it in my front yard one night at 3AM. I could hear them screaming back and forth with the windows closed.

BradM

They killed 4 of my chickens! They were the only thing that could squeeze through the fence. One was in broad daylight. They couldn't drag the carcass through the fence. Just ate the innards. I saw one flattened on the road several weeks later. The teeth gave it away. I still need to set some traps. The remaining chickens are protected by chicken wire, unless they strike during the day again.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Bump. I had forgotten I posted pics

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I would have thought that was a squirrel if i would have driven by it!
When I drove by and realized what it was i probably damaged my brake pads stopping

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Most excellent T! Whereabouts?
Lol just saw this

About a half mile or less from the house going toward 27 between the two roads that T into my road

Last edited: