Troup County

Condor

Found my first fresh scrape, White Oak acorns are falling, deer are hitting the acorns. Anybody seeing anything else of interest in Troup?

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Hunted last Friday and Saturday, no deer seen, lota of sign. They are tearing up the acorns. Saturday was very wet.

Stingray23

Seeing a lot of acorns this year. Scrapes are starting to show and the young bucks are pushing the does pretty hard. I shot a pretty heavy bone 9 pointer Sat Am early coming to the acorns9pt (2).jpg

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Y'all are lucky. It is unbelievably slow in SE Troup. I haven't hear a dozen gunshots since gun season opened, haven't seen much in the way of deer and the guys across the creek from me concur.

gma1320

Y'all are lucky. It is unbelievably slow in SE Troup. I haven't hear a dozen gunshots since gun season opened, haven't seen much in the way of deer and the guys across the creek from me concur.
Yes I've been to my honey hole twice and have yet to see a deer. But it usually get much better later, i am hoping that trend continues this season.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’m in south Troup and I’d say it’s about to be wide open, seeing more deer than several years past and bucks are on the move seen at least 10 different bucks Thursday-Monday let a shooter walk hoping my daughter would get a shot my dad killed a beautiful 10 Friday , killed a nice one on Corp property last Monday , came straight to a grunt call , the next few days should be great , I’ll let y’all know , work today and am off til the 20th

antharper

Staff member
One I let walk, will definitely shoot if seen again , my daughter was sitting about 300yds and he was headed 86303A69-1CAF-46E5-ADEF-E459979647F0.jpegin her direction, never to probably be seen again

Condor

I hunted in South Troup this morning, beautiful weather for deer hunting, tons of White Oak acorns on the ground. Saw nothing and only heard one gunshot all morning. Hopefully this evening will be better.

antharper

Staff member
I’ve hunted that area for 20+ years and never hear many gun shots , a lot of people in the area I hunt try to let them get some age on them , also with the population down the past few years not many people shooting does either , we haven’t shot but one doe in probably 6-8 years , and usually only a buck or 2 , I hunt on Dennis Smith rd , u anywhere close to there condor , good luck this afternoon , I’ll be out there with u the rest of the week!

Stingray23

Y'all are lucky. It is unbelievably slow in SE Troup. I haven't hear a dozen gunshots since gun season opened, haven't seen much in the way of deer and the guys across the creek from me concur
Where you at in SE Troup? We are in SE Troup also

Condor

I am off Upper Big Springs road, right on Factory Shoals Creek, checked my trail cameras that were on scrapes. The deer are coming by checking but no real chasing yet from what I can see. The larger deer are checking the scrapes at night of course. When does everyone think the rut is in Southern Troup County?

antharper

Staff member
I’ve kept up with it pretty good for several years and we see the best rut action and have killed probably 90% of our mature deer between nov 15-20

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
I haven't seen much evidence of a rut where we are 3 miles east of the Kia plant.

Condor

Sitting in the rain hunting, scrapes are still active. Haven’t seen any movement, hopefully they will start to move when rain lets up. Guess the rut hasn’t really kick in yet.

antharper

Staff member
Been wide open where I hunt , killed this one on 17th wide open behind a doe 28ED7F9E-4B76-4985-905D-124C09B6C985.jpeg

gma1320

Starting to see some rubs and scrapes. Lot of chasing last Sunday. North west troup