Truck Bed Cover

Jeff Holt

Trying to decide on whether a retractable or hard folding bed cover is best. I have a soft rolling cover on an older f250 which works well but wanted something a little heavier duty for a new F350. Having shoulder issues concerns me with the folding cover being the truck is so tall but I like to price point better. What do you have and why do you like it?

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I've got a Tonneau folder on my F150. Was just thinking about it and it's going on 9 years old. Had warranty on it once (hinges) and they were very responsive.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I have a folding cover(Bakflip IIRC) on my Ram 3500. Works great with the gooseneck.

It has taken a lot of abuse for almost 4 years and still works well. Showing it's age though. I'll buy another.

Mine works daily. If you haul nothing more than a briefcase and golf clubs it should be indestructible.

Deerhead

I have a Roll-N-Lock Bed cover on my F150. It's water proof, secure, and easy to operate. Now some dust from gravel roads will make its way in but water will not. Don't ask me why.... I will not own another truck without another roll-n-lock cover.

Sixes

I just went thru this and looked and rea tons of stuff and decided to keep my low profile Weatherguard tool box. I wanted a cover and my Dad has had one on his last 4 trucks, but I just don't like trying to get stuff after it slides

But, I had decided on either a Bakflip or Bakrevolver.

In a perfect world, I would have a tool box with a bed cover. But to do that, I would have to go from a low profile box

wvdawg

Staff member
I have a Lomax flip fold on mine. Sturdy, lockable. Very low profile. Heavy duty but light weight aluminum tri-fold. Can be totally removed from truck or put back on in less than a minute.

marknga

GONetwork Member
I have the Extang 2.0 trifold on my 15 F150. Does a good job, easy to remove if needed.

hipster dufus

I had a extang solid fold 2.0 great cover. Lookin at another for my new truck.

Jeff Holt

Thanks for the input guys. I have the Bakflip and Extang both on the short list so it's good to see positive reviews for them.

COYOTE X

I recommend an "Undercover" bed cover. Its waterproof, secure and removable!

COYOTE X

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Have you looked at a Rugged Cover II? @Jeff Holt
I eliminated some brands when I was looking cause they 'sit low' making you lose space. Some brands sit on top of the rail, instead of hanging down in the bed.

gunnurse

Do NOT buy a hard (fiberglass flip-up) cover. Pain in the rumpus.

hipster dufus

Just put a american tonneau vinyl over composite panels on my new tacoma. Not as nice as my extang but looks good. Hardware is plastic. Lot cheaper then my extang was. Expect it to b more waterproof then the extang, but that has more to do with the tacomas bed. 587$ delivered. Lifetime warranty

Ugahunter2013

I have always wandered, but for those of you with truck bed covers and what not, where do you put your tools? Like logging chain, tow straps, machetes, ratchet straps, lopping shears, hammer, hand tools, saw, rope, etc?

hipster dufus

I put some in a plastic bin, keep my boat trailers spare tire and a jack in the bed too. Have a ratcheting cargo bar to keep everything from sliding. Truck has storage bins behind n under back seat for some tools/ clothes, blankets. That sounds like a new thread" what do u keep in ur truck?