Truglo smoke release

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
For the second time in maybe 10 shots, my release released without intent. I. Really really like this one, but I also know it’s a $40-50 release and not sure what’s happening. The trigger had to be backed way off as it was long. No problems other than the fear of that little screw falling out......it hasn’t.
My d loop is frayed and not as thick as the one on the PSE....Could that be it? Can I send it back? Little help please, I don’t want to buy another one.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Is there an adjustment for trigger tension? Have you checked it?
It’s got a screw that adjusts the trigger pull length. I have it backed out quite a bit for increased sensitivity.....my other cheaper wrist strap releases are very sensitive without any adjustments. This one out of the package seemed like a long trigger pull and I hated it til I backed out the screw a bunch. I might have it too far out. FYI-all my releases are dual calipers. I’ll try to turn it back in a little and check again

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I would almost guarantee you've backed it out too far.
I think you’re right. It made me kinda nervous, but I shot a few rounds yesterday after tightening it up a little bit and had no problems shooting either bow. On a good note, it’s making me really stay on target while drawing back.
Thanks ddd!

CaptKeith

I bought a Tru-Fire Edge Camo ($77) and no matter how I adjusted it I could not get it to reliably not release early. It went back. I still want a thumb release, thinking about a Spot-Hogg.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I think you’re right. It made me kinda nervous, but I shot a few rounds yesterday after tightening it up a little bit and had no problems shooting either bow. On a good note, it’s making me really stay on target while drawing back.
Thanks ddd!
The very last thing you want is it going off middraw. Better make it a sure thing and tighter rather than too light ever.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I bought a Tru-Fire Edge Camo ($77) and no matter how I adjusted it I could not get it to reliably not release early. It went back. I still want a thumb release, thinking about a Spot-Hogg.

I love the Spot Hogg Whipper Snapper 3 finger. Easy and reliable and easy on the pocket too