Trump Jr on the Biden corruption

Thread starter #5
Aint looking good for the Bidens

That’s solid reporting by Brietbart and I’m convinced of Hunter’s influence peddling and Biden’s willingness to play along by agreeing to those “press the flesh” meetings.

I also agree that it won’t make a difference to the election. There’s too many stories like this one over the last 4 years regarding Trump family influence peddling and government fund funneling to trump businesses. At best it’s another, “both are corrupt” election for independent voters. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/16/opinion/trump-corruption.html

That’s solid reporting by Brietbart and I’m convinced of Hunter’s influence peddling and Biden’s willingness to play along by agreeing to those “press the flesh” meetings.

I also agree that it won’t make a difference to the election. There’s too many stories like this one over the last 4 years regarding Trump family influence peddling and government fund funneling to trump businesses. At best it’s another, “both are corrupt” election for independent voters. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/16/opinion/trump-corruption.html
I don't see it like this. I don't see it as Hunter peddling influence. It seems to me, Hunter is the secretary assigned to the task of peddling Biden's influence. Hunter did not take Biden along in the plane when he went to China.
It was the other way around. For to long, politicians have been using their positions to enrich themselves. Self first rather than America first. If Biden has even a hint of being compromised of America's best interest, he should be put out to pasture.

MudDucker

Staff member

What a joke. If all you have are articles from NYT or CNN, you gotta know you are peddling lies. Face it, Biden is a lying crooked ***!

I don't see it like this. I don't see it as Hunter peddling influence. It seems to me, Hunter is the secretary assigned to the task of peddling Biden's influence. Hunter did not take Biden along in the plane when he went to China.
It was the other way around. For to long, politicians have been using their positions to enrich themselves. Self first rather than America first. If Biden has even a hint of being compromised of America's best interest, he should be put out to pasture.
I agree and I see your point. With that logic Trump should never have been elected so long as he or his family owned his empire given how easily any entity that wants his attention could spend large amounts of money at his properties or as his tenants.

While Biden is classic shameful and corrupt swamp enrichment Trump provides unique avenues as a landlord mogul for enrichment, influence peddling, and emoluments entanglements with potentially even fewer disclosure requirements as a sitting senator. One of the ways that Biden is getting fact checked on the CEC visit is through the White House visitor log which was made partially public by Obama. The Trump White House returned the visitor log to secrecy in 2017.

What a joke. If all you have are articles from NYT or CNN, you gotta know you are peddling lies. Face it, Biden is a lying crooked ***!
Did you read it and track down all the ways that Trump enriches himself with our tax dollars? I read your article. Brietbart has its own known biases. Please show me the equal respect of reading the other side as well.

I read this. The fact that Trump owned hotels before his political venture, in my opinion, should not disqualify politicians from other countries from patronizing his establishment. Politicians always splurge, always go to the highest ranked establishment in town. I don't believe they go here to build his pocket book. I also believe that the increased interest in his properties from his political run is not a net gain. I have read that he has had a major net loss, not gain, due to half of America boycotting anything Trump. In order to keep on topic. I will post remaining points about your link to another post, later, so if discussion is continued, it will not be so blanket coverage

As a general point... If, and I don't concede to the truth or the extent of the accusations of Trump gaining from his position, I would like to point out that if we assume it all true..... It does not compare with Biden's. If so about Trump, it's all legal, it's all looked at as taking advantage of a situation..... and it in no way jeopardizes America's interest. Again, I don't believe it so, but for this point, I'll assume it so. Biden's sin is treason against our country. Meddling in foreign affairs, selling out for the benifit of another country at america's expense. We are not comparing apples to apples here. It's clear that China has bought and paid for influence, paid through Hunter Biden and divided under the table. At least, assuming it's true, trump is earning his. Unlike Biden's brother whom got contracts in Iraq with zero experience, Trump and his family were already doing business. it's not even close to compare. Again, I don't believe it so about Trump, but to argue the point, I'll argue the point as if true, and still show the extent of the difference. Biden has committed the cardinal sin against America

As a general point... If, and I don't concede to the truth or the extent of the accusations of Trump gaining from his position, I would like to point out that if we assume it all true..... It does not compare with Biden's. If so about Trump, it's all legal, it's all looked at as taking advantage of a situation..... and it in no way jeopardizes America's interest. Again, I don't believe it so, but for this point, I'll assume it so. Biden's sin is treason against our country. Meddling in foreign affairs, selling out for the benifit of another country at america's expense. We are not comparing apples to apples here. It's clear that China has bought and paid for influence, paid through Hunter Biden and divided under the table. At least, assuming it's true, trump is earning his. Unlike Biden's brother whom got contracts in Iraq with zero experience, Trump and his family were already doing business. it's not even close to compare. Again, I don't believe it so about Trump, but to argue the point, I'll argue the point as if true, and still show the extent of the difference. Biden has committed the cardinal sin against America
The question is that it may not be legal. We’ve never had a president with such a broad business empire that opened up so many opportunities to breaching the emoluments clause. You’re right his net worth has taken a big hit since inauguration, but that can also make him more susceptible rather than showing evidence that he can’t be touched.

Owning hotels or being wealthy shouldn’t prevent someone from becoming president. Flip side, did decades of earning millions from the Saudi Royal family, including getting a Saudi “stimulus” in early 2018 at Trump’s NY hotel bias Trump’s handling of the Kashoggi killing? https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...l-interests-ties-hotel-bookings-sales-2018-10
Or at the height of the China trade negotiations China grants to Ivanka 18 trademarks in 2 months: https://apnews.com/article/0a3283036d2f4e699da4aa3c6dd01727
And that China has granted a total of 41 trademarks to Ivanka with 7 coming in the same month when Trump walked back the penalties on ZTE, the Chinese electronics mega company. https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...ast-tracked-in-china-after-trump-was-elected/
His sons have been selling off properties, not in itself remarkable, but who is doing the buying and for how much can have real influence: https://www.forbes.com/sites/danale...0-million-of-real-estate-since-taking-office/

Assuming what everything coming out about Hunter Biden is true, we don’t have a direct financial link between Hunter and Joe. One doesn’t have to exist, just that Hunter gets rich could be influence enough for joe to change his behavior in response. Likewise to Trump, we don’t have clear evidence of a change in behavior in exchange. Which is why I think it is an apples to apples comparison and why nothing will come of these revelations other than further revulsion At the entire process.

Assuming what everything coming out about Hunter Biden is true, we don’t have a direct financial link between Hunter and Joe.
You don't need one. The influence peddling is clear on its' face. How SloJoe's share of the loot made it into his bank account is an academic proposition that can be easily figured out if the FBI will just do it.

MudDucker

Staff member
Did you read it and track down all the ways that Trump enriches himself with our tax dollars? I read your article. Brietbart has its own known biases. Please show me the equal respect of reading the other side as well.
i read it and other such pieces that ignore the fact that Trump was a wealthy business man before he was elected. Since his election he has lost wealth, not gained.

Oh and SCOTUS ruled no fowl on emoluments clause.

i read it and other such pieces that ignore the fact that Trump was a wealthy business man before he was elected. Since his election he has lost wealth, not gained.

Oh and SCOTUS ruled no fowl on emoluments clause.
The fact that he is a wealthy business man doesn't change that his empire is an easy opportunity for emoluments violations. That he is losing wealth doesn't affect how new avenues of income could influence his decisions. It could mean that he is not breaching emoluments ethics or it just may be that he is losing wealth slower than he would have been. Losing wealth is not evidence in either direction.

Saying SCOTUS ruled no foul on emoluments is not at all what happened and is very misleading. They said nothing of the kind. SCOTUS declined to hear the case, leaving in place the lower court ruling of no standing and gave zero rulings on emoluments or breaches thereof. Neither SCOTUS nor the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals give any ruling on the the district court's finding that plaintiffs did have a cause of action and a claim against the president.

There are three emoluments cases, 2 of which were dismissed due to a lack of standing by the plaintiffs: