Trump to ban TikTok as early as August 1

BG77

If it endangers the people of the USofA, then he has executive privilege to do as he sees fit. Much like I Hawglipps’ed it from my kids phone. TikTok, he gone.

John Cooper

Ok I'll have the ask, but hat the heck is tiktok, this place and a Jeep TJ forum are all the social media I do.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
The thing is one of the most addicting social media’s I’ve seen. It’s like having America’s Funniest Videos on steroids. The gals at the hospital are addicts, passing funny videos to each other through it constantly.

The Chinese owned company, like every other business controlled by the Communist Chinese Central Committee, reports to the Peoples Liberation Army intelligence services. This specific computer program includes GPS tracking software, recording capabilities, and the ability to deliver the recorded information on request. Think about an USAF Airman assigned to a specific guard post on a critically important base and how much the exact details of where that guard is every minute of every day would help an enemy of the US. TicTox is not the only computer program that has this capability, but it is the most sophisticated one that the Communist Chinese have produced for use against the US.

I think the President is constitutionally permitted to act in the interests of national security.

dwhee87

It's a phone app that lets the user record short 30 sec or so videos and share across other social media platforms. Somebody comes up with a stupid/funny video topic, and posts it, then other people do their own version of it and share it. Sill dance, icewater challenge, etc. Then you can watch all the common topic videos all in a row.

Some of the similar issues (as GABob state) as the Fitbit issue that came up a year or so ago that caused the DoD to ban their use in-theater, as the data, while anonymous, is posted to a common website that anyone can see. Soldiers would wear them and go on mission, and their movements could be tracked.

TikTok geotags the video, so as Bob said above, someone at a secure location happens to make and post one, their location can be determined.

Georgia Bob just described it
@GeorgiaBob just described why someone in the military subject to the ucmj and military rules for the pupose of national security should be prohibited from using this app by order from the commander in chief. He did not make, nor can anyone who belives in a free and open society, make a case for why the general public should be prohibited from using some stupid app. Yall do realize that almost all of your phones and computers parts or in whole come from china. You could have some chi com tracker in your phone right now! Should he ban you from having a cell phone? The public has a right to make up their own mind. Soilders, sailors, airmen, and marines do not.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
@GeorgiaBob just described why someone in the military subject to the ucmj and military rules for the pupose of national security should be prohibited from using this app by order from the commander in chief. He did not make, nor can anyone who belives in a free and open society, make a case for why the general public should be prohibited from using some stupid app. Yall do realize that almost all of your phones and computers parts or in whole come from china. You could have some chi com tracker in your phone right now! Should he ban you from having a cell phone? The public has a right to make up their own mind. Soilders, sailors, airmen, and marines do not.
Yeah and if you’re against the government bossing people around about a virus that has a 97% survival rate I don’t know how you can be ok with the president deciding what apps you can and can’t have.