Trying a new tactic this morning.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
I haven't had much luck this year getting birds to gobble. I have always like to sit on the ground and wait for him to come to my call after I hear him gobbler in the morning or try to close in on a bird when he flys down. Those tactics haven't been successful for me this year on my new property so i have decided to put up a ground blind in a area on the roadway where the gobbler seem to be strutting alot. I hunted the back of the property yesterday till about noon and when I came out there was frsh tracks and dropping in the area i am trying this morning at the front of the property. Feels weird sitting in a blind waiting like I am deer hunting.

frankwright

I did the same thing on Thursday! I sat on the ground where I could watch all areas of a big green food plot that turkeys seem to like.
I put out two decoys and sat from before daylight until noon, calling sparingly.
I heard and saw nothing but had a pretty good nap! I will keep trying!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good luck the rest of the season , I find myself trying a new tactic every hunt

Big7

The Oracle
I haven't had much luck this year getting birds to gobble. I have always like to sit on the ground and wait for him to come to my call after I hear him gobbler in the morning or try to close in on a bird when he flys down. Those tactics haven't been successful for me this year on my new property so i have decided to put up a ground blind in a area on the roadway where the gobbler seem to be strutting alot. I hunted the back of the property yesterday till about noon and when I came out there was frsh tracks and dropping in the area i am trying this morning at the front of the property. Feels weird sitting in a blind waiting like I am deer hunting.
Yeah.. My Bud, a new friend and I went the second weekend..

Dang Mr. Big tracks FOLLOWED us into the creek bottom.

That track was so fresh, you could make out the adjacent leather marks on his toes.

Couldn't have been more than 45 minutes old !!! + he had some weight on him. Front toe was dug down almost to China. Best track I've seen in a good while. He's looking for hen's as of that time.

Pretty sure he's hened up by now !??

Wayne D Davis

I called in 3 hens this morning. Gobbles coming from every direction till 10 a.m. Never seen a gobbler all day. This evening I roosted one... never seen it but for a first for me he gobbled at 8:03pm. Im gonna be on him come morning.

Turkeytider

Welcome to afternoon hunting, only you`ll be doing it in the morning.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
I called in 3 hens this morning. Gobbles coming from every direction till 10 a.m. Never seen a gobbler all day. This evening I roosted one... never seen it but for a first for me he gobbled at 8:03pm. Im gonna be on him come morning.
Git em

DynamicDennis

The new way that I am turkey hunting this year is not going!!!!!!!!!!!!! Killing me too!!!!!!! Please post more pics and stories for us that are not able to go this year

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Good luck man.....you’ll get one. I’m in the same boat.