Tuckahoe WMA

Anybody have any luck in Tuckahoe?

Wondering how viable some of the oxbows are, or wether I would be better off setting up on the Savannah itself.

It's also pretty wet in there and I thought it might work to Wade through some of the low lying flooded creeks.

Thoughts?

Please be careful. Wading the river and it's oxbows can be dangerous.

Danger from gators and/or deep water?

My plan is to take the kayak and set up in a nook along a bank, but I've been debating that depending on water depth. Ideally I would like to paddle to a spot and stand outside of the yak.

Trench

Went Sunday and the water level is at the access gates, no sure how much it has come down since then. You can probably launch your kayaks from the road and paddle down to some of the lakes, creeks or rivers following the flooded roads.

Anyone hunt from a kayak and want to team up? ill be fishing from it too after waterfowl season. I’m in Augusta area willing to travel.

supersamoan43

I know this is two years ago but i’ve been started to hunt out of my yak and have been looking for folks to go with. I plan of getting a john boat but I still want to paddle every now and then.

SECK92

Know of a few spots out there but you better know where you are going study up on it before you get out there. Your phone will not work at all out there. I live close by. shoot me a PM

jNick

Just make sure that you don’t shoot at a bird sideways in that kayak. I keep one in my big boat for retrieving birds and had a real close call last year. Flipped it by myself on a very cold morning in the middle of nowhere shooting sideways.