Turkey hunt turned into a relic hunt.

Glenn

My oldest son (11 yr old) and I were out in a new area looking for a gobbling bird this morning, but the hunt quickly changed to relics.

Best I could tell is that there was an old homestead and/or turpentine camp in the area. The soil had been disturbed over the years and sadly a harrow plow has gone through the “bottle dump”. However my son was still able to pull a small whole bottle out.

Needless to say we will be back to dig the bottle dump.

The two points were found in the same section of a washed out road near a creek. The were on top and stood out like sore thumbs.

Great morning in the woods!

1967064E-BC93-4EC9-94E7-F5750EAD12BA.jpegCF0F53AB-D9A1-4C71-8387-9F74E6CE4D67.jpegE864A46C-5CAE-4387-B541-1A29BC9EA018.jpeg10FD5E73-3714-4B90-8DB3-CD5794B8DFF6.jpeg79D148F1-6213-4223-A15F-E98B611CE996.jpeg05A234E0-DE65-46EE-A5F1-0F05308A68FC.jpeg5B790EC8-42F0-4B0F-96D5-B23A87B8D0F8.jpeg3861C54C-EDA9-46F9-9264-0AF0B46F067A.jpeg86531280-6133-4A3B-A76B-8882EDC49893.jpeg

walkinboss01

Shame most were broken. Looks like a great day in the woods.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Nice finds. Keep diggin. You'll find more I'm sure. The wife has been diggin in a local dump site and has pulled up all kinda of goodies. Like and old mrs butterworth, sprite, gerital, several cocacola and 2 different sizes of phillips milk of magnesia

oldguy

Nice finds. Keep diggin. You'll find more I'm sure. The wife has been diggin in a local dump site and has pulled up all kinda of goodies. Like and old mrs butterworth, sprite, gerital, several cocacola and 2 different sizes of phillips milk of magnesia
Me and by brother used to stack those blue milk of magnesia bottles up high as we could get 'em. Then throw rocks at them. Revenge!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nice finds! The little brown bottle is really nice.

oldguy

Got a brown one sitting over here on the porch with "HELME'S RAILROAD MILLS" in raised letters on it. Don't remember where I found it. Bad to pick up stuff. Got another one I put beaver castor in and found a top to fit.

Glenn

Got a brown one sitting over here on the porch with "HELME'S RAILROAD MILLS" in raised letters on it. Don't remember where I found it. Bad to pick up stuff. Got another one I put beaver castor in and found a top to fit.
This one has no writing at all except for the number 30 on the very bottom. Glass has a lot of bubbles in it so it has got to be fairly old.

Glenn

Nice finds! The little brown bottle is really nice.
My son was tickled to find it. Bragged about it all the way home, matter of fact he is still bragging.

I’m partial to the points I found and didn’t realize that I had found two separate broken ones until we got home.

Might have located an old hunt camp location or something.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Nice!
I never fail to rummage around in a old pile like that.

twtabb

My daughter took a mason jar and filled it full of old colored glass shards. Put it in the window for sun light to shine through.
It looks nice.

hambone76

My daughter took a mason jar and filled it full of old colored glass shards. Put it in the window for sun light to shine through.
It looks nice.
We’ve done that with sea glass before.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Me and a buddy in middle school found an old dump on the bank of a creek we played in. We pulled out all kinds of bottles. We were finding Indian head pennies and mercury dimes dated from 1900-1910 or so.