TV Show the Pacific on HBO!?!?

Got a question for ya'll....was watching some episodes and noticed soldiers carrying a composite stock Mini 14 stainless...were those even around then????

oldenred

could be wrong but if i recall correctly they came around the nam era, bet boneboy knows the answer

R

redneckcamo

ruger mini-14 first came out on the market in 1974 if Im not mistaken ...

Hal

I saw that and thought "why does he have a composite stock "but I believe it was a M1 carbine with a dark stock. Later in that episode and the next you get a better view of the rifle and can tell what it is.

Resica

Hanks and Spielberg were sticklers for authenticity in Band of Brothers, no reason to think otherwise in this one.

GlockSpeed31

Which episode # and about the time line it appeared in? I have watched all the episodes released so far but didn't notice that.

oldsalt65

carbine

i think its a carbine with a dark stock also. when i was in th:flag::flag:e marines i saw a few old carbines used in korea that reminds me of that one . anyway it's a very good series about the first marine div. God bless the Marines past and present. Semper Fi. :flag:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I just binged watched this over the last three days. I can’t believe I haven’t watched this in the last 10 years
Great series. So glad they did a movie like this about the marines in the pacific. My great uncle fought there my dad talks of him often he was like another father to my daddy

A must watch

Dub

Watching it now.

Last episode and a half to finish.

Unreal what these men endured to fight that war.